No announcement yet.

doomsday preppers.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
    If there where Alien lifeforms that had such technology that allowed them to travel to earth from another solar system that would make them infinitely more advanced than us our technology would be primitive in comparison they would most likely be able to wipe us out with ease.

But then again why would they bother it would be like us destroying an ants nest.

Interesting analogy. And how guilty would we feel for destroying an ants nest?

Comment

lol that episode where the guy blows his own thumb off operating that housed/cheap assault gun. What an idiot.

Few points:

1. You made a reality show in which you described to me in elaborate fashion where your survival fortress is located.

2. You live with delusions of glacial melt, nuclear warfare, EMP shockwave warfare preparing for a fallout...................but you don't see how contemporary terrorism is what is to fear. Single cell attacks.

3. Your entire fortress (in conclusion) is overly fortified. You can't survive underground for more than 5 years................even though you think you can live off rations and maintain your sanity. That won't work. You're a biological creature and you need the sun to live.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

By the end of that show's tenure.

I'll have a complete list of places to assault in the event of a fallout.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          You guys are taking the title of the show way to literally

If you watch the show, they prepare for things like economic collapse, electromagnetic pulse, terrorist acts, fuel shortages, war, pandemics, etc

These things will ensue a massive human die off, not the end of all life as we know it. Obviously there is no reason to prepare for anything if you're def gonna die
          An economic collapse is the most realistic calamity to prepare for .... If you think about it, almost 75% of the populace do not believe it will happen and are therefore very unprepared. If you think back, we almost had an economic collapse in 2007\2008, so this is the most probable occurrence.

Preparing your family to survive such a reality is not stupid at all. In fact, this mindset is exactly how and why, some come out on the other side of catastrophic events intact, while others perish.

In reference to the show, many approach the concept from a short-sighted viewpoint, meaning that in most survival situations, you will need to go mobile at some point. And if your whole planning is around a stationary platform, then you haven't adequately considered all possibilities.

Sure, it would be great to buy a freight container, plant it on your property and fill it up with goods ... but at some point it will be discovered by others and eventually overrun by starving, hungry people. {You know the one's who didn't believe a calamity would happen}

There was one group that brought a school bus and reinforced it to travel during emergencies, but what about the tires? If someone cuts or shoots out the tires, then there goes your escape plan. You have to be realistic and patient in your planning without going totally nuts and forgetting about the little things.

But, I do stand by my statement .... it is a good idea to plan and prepare for the unthinkable.

If you're one of those relying on the Government to help you out while there is total anarchy in the streets .... then you're in for the surprise of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post

youtube comment

"lol his kids were all calm like it happens all the time"

Guy prepares to repel the angry hungry hoard, and in his haste to store foods and goods, forgets to learn how to shoot a gun ...

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
              I have one question becuase i am hopeless on the subject.Why is it if there is Alien lifeforms out there they are always judged to be a smarter and more advanced race?

if they can get to the planet they can take it over

the technology needed to travel that sort of distance is something that humans will probably never achieve. i can see us destroying the planet before we're able to leave the solar system with manned craft.

it takes light 4.3 years to get here from the nearest star

light travels at 670,000,000 mph

that's fast. think about how far you'd go if you went that fast for a year....

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post

Preparing your family to survive such a reality is not stupid at all. In fact, this mindset is exactly how and why, some come out on the other side of catastrophic events intact, while others perish.
                It aint gonna happen.

See: Normalcy bias

Comment

Originally posted by nillamilkshake View Post
                  Its on the national geographic channel. Anyone seen it?
                  Everyone has their own theory about some great catastrophe or "end of the world as we know it" scenario...

And they pre for it. Food, water, guns, ammo, etc etc etc.

I dunno. Sometimes I think...if I couldn't save my whole family (including those with severe medical needs) and all of my friends....what's the point in survival????

Any thoughts??
                  I don't know the point of survival in a situation like that but personally I would try to live as long as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by cawadoody View Post
                    I don't watch that show but I'm a firm believer that the world will end on Dec 21, 2012.

Prepare yourselves.

Soon.
                    no is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                      It aint gonna happen.
                      See: Normalcy bias
                      Totally in disagreement there ....

A Normalcy bias doesn't necessarily apply to all, it is conditional and depends largely on one's mental state and one's ability to cope with sudden dramatic changes. While some may be overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of an event, there are others that rise to the occasion and preparation eases the transition.

Preparation and anticipation prepares one for an event, even though that event has never been experienced.

Astronauts are a prime example, first timers have never been in space, but they prepare for the event and they anticipate actions and reactions. Of course, nothing can simulate the real thing, but that preparation coupled with a mental state that has accepted that reality, goes a long way towards helping that one to cope with the event, once they are face to face with the event.

Comment

Working...
                      X