Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Floyd retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just keep it real...that usually works for me.

Floyd pretty much cleared out sfw and beat the top dog at lw, and came to jww looking to fight Kostya and Cotto and neither wanted it so when he went to 147, Floyd was not dealing with Arum after he bought out his contract. Thus he said that he retired, but he really just took some time off-imo.

Floyd didn't have to go to ww and fight those guys. All he had to do was wait until there was a clear cut favorite at 147. Floyd earned that right, while those guys had to fight for that right since they had no risen multiple weight classes like Floyd.

Those Top Rank fighters all fought each other, and none of them became the clear cut top dog. Floyd to this day has not fought a Top Rank guy since he left TR, so Floyd's haters chose the "division was hot" soliloquy as their banner, I man banter, lmao..and the rest is history.

Fortunately I was born with a brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Just keep it real...that usually works for me.

Floyd pretty much cleared out sfw and beat the top dog at lw, and came to jww looking to fight Kostya and Cotto and neither wanted it so when he went to 147, Floyd was not dealing with Arum after he bought out his contract. Thus he said that he retired, but he really just took some time off-imo.

Floyd didn't have to go to ww and fight those guys. All he had to do was wait until there was a clear cut favorite at 147. Floyd earned that right, while those guys had to fight for that right since they had no risen multiple weight classes like Floyd.

Those Top Rank fighters all fought each other, and none of them became the clear cut top dog. Floyd to this day has not fought a Top Rank guy since he left TR, so Floyd's haters chose the "division was hot" soliloquy as their banner, I man banter, lmao..and the rest is history.

Fortunately I was born with a brain.
      You said "Floyd didn't really have to fight those guys until there was a clear cut favourite" ..... REALLY? Why? Nice cop out. That is keeping it real?

Even then, Floyd went on another vacation when there was a clear cut favorite and never fought him (Manny) ..... sorry but you are not keeping it real.

Vacation or not, guys like Mosley, Martinez, Williams, .... were NOT under the TR banner but Floyd still said no to them until Mosley was inactive and OLD in which Floyd admitted to.

Comment

technically he didn't retire. he did fought the big show, had a gig at DWTS and a 1 sided beating of his baby mama.

Comment

There's also footage in 2007 when Manny was a super featherweight and Floyd called him P4P #2 behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
            I know most will come in and say he retired to duck the topp ww's..but he fought Cotto and Mosley..Cotto even said he himself did not pursue a Floyd fight before and there is footage of Mosley saying he himself was going on a vacation and didnt want to fight Floyd then....
            And Floyd did pursue a fight with Cotto back in 05 and 06.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Cotto said that in 2005 when both were at 140, and the shane remarks came in 2006 before floyd was the #1 superstar,,

Floyd became the biggest draw in 2007 with wins over hatton and oscar, everybody wanted to fight floyd including shane, cotto, etc

when floyd and oscar could agree to terms for a rematch, floyd wanted 50/50, oscar did not, Floyd retired

At that time TR and GBP were making alot of fights together like shane-cotto, margs-shane, manny-jmm 2, manny-oscar, manny-hatton etc

You always have some sought of justification when somebody ducks Floyd.
              But when Floyd`s don`t fight a fighter you wanted him to fight you call Floyd a Ducker.Fact is Floyd vs Mosley would have been big back then but Mosley did n`t want it with Floyd.Floyd and Arum had a falling out and put a lawsuit out on each other back in 08.That`s why Floyd told Cotto to build your fanbase up, leave Arum then we could fight.But Floyd did try to make a fight with Cotto back in 05 but Arum said Cotto wasn`t ready.Back in 06 Floyd asked Arum for 10 million to fight Cotto but Arum was only willing to offer 7 million so Floyd turned it down.

Comment

To deny Oscar his earned rematch.

Comment

Working...
                X