Beats by Dre are Overrated!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beats by Dre are Overrated!

And I fell for the hype

I've been using my gaming headset (Astro A30's) for the past 1-2 years and found the sound quality awesome. Very clear highs and mids with a decent kick in the lows for bass. Unfortunately, my eldest son broke them and got me looking at what's on the market.

Hype and popularity took me towards the Beats Solo HD headphones. I tested them out today and apart from the bass, the Astros destroy the sound that comes from the Beats in every other aspect. I feel let down by the majority.

Astro A30's.

I love that they fold in. Look wise, Beats takes it but what a ****ing let down.

PS I don't walk around with the mic attached

yes bro the sound quality deffo insnt up to par.

Comment

A pair of beats is like a hot model. She looks really good on the outside but in the bedroom she's a dead fish and her personality is bland and boring as hell, but you still stay with her because she looks good.

My $150 pair of Audio Technicas completely rape the Studio HDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
        And I fell for the hype

I've been using my gaming headset (Astro A30's) for the past 1-2 years and found the sound quality awesome. Very clear highs and mids with a decent kick in the lows for bass. Unfortunately, my eldest son broke them and got me looking at what's on the market.

Hype and popularity took me towards the Beats Solo HD headphones. I tested them out today and apart from the bass, the Astros destroy the sound that comes from the Beats in every other aspect. I feel let down by the majority.

Astro A30's.

I love that they fold in. Look wise, Beats takes it but what a ****ing let down.

PS I don't walk around with the mic attached

That's what you get for buying a pair of headphones endorsed by a rapper/producer.

Comment

I have decided to go on killing spree while rapping a few of his tracks on a megaphone as a showcase of protest. This should tell 'em.
          Last edited by Terrel; 01-06-2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Disagree

I always been music head and they were worth it for me. It dramatically increases the sound quality of everything you listen to and has the base to rival a real subwoofer, yet it's clearer. I don't know how I lived without them.

Note: these we're my first hq headphones so I don't know how others sound

Comment

An overpriced fashion accessory, nothing more. Everyone has them now. Is there any individuality left in this world?

Comment

If DJ Premier came out with head phones I would trust em.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                  Disagree

I always been music head and they were worth it for me. It dramatically increases the sound quality of everything you listen to and has the base to rival a real subwoofer, yet it's clearer. I don't know how I lived without them.

Note: these we're my first hq headphones so I don't know how others sound
                  I understand your perspective.

You went from standard headphones to the beats, so it was a major leap in quality. The Beats are not a **** brand. They have good sound. They're just not as good as they're made out to be, 'the best'.

Once you've tried another product you'll understand, I guess.

I mean, what I've used are not even music headphones. They're a gaming headset and they kill em.

Comment

i prefer Bose

Comment

Working...
                    X