No announcement yet.

Guillermo Jones "B" sample came back positive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    That is a harsh penalty but harsh penalties are needed to actually deter cheating in this way, especially when it is a second offense.
    No it's not! Have you not seen what they do to people in other sports? You're a smart guy, you would know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      No it's not! Have you not seen what they do to people in other sports? You're a smart guy, you would know.
      2 years is an eternity in boxing, I always thought 2 years for the first offense was very harsh for other sports and that should be the second offense.

They probably do need to make the first offense in boxing a year though, I could dig that.

Comment

2 years is an eternity in boxing, I always thought 2 years for the first offense was very harsh for other sports and that should be the second offense.

They probably do need to make the first offense in boxing a year though, I could dig that.
        And that is exactly what they need, a lot of time for them to think on their mistake.

Comment

Although if you make the first offense a year, the second offense probably should be more than 2 years, 3 years would make more sense. So for two failed offenses that is 4 years, and a third should be lifetime if someone managed to survive the first two.

Comment

And that is exactly what they need, a lot of time for them to think on their mistake.
            The penalties do need to be harsher in boxing, I don't think there is much denying that. People are all for testing, but no one ever discusses the penalties which are the actual stick that make testing worthwhile.

Public shame is not a deterrent when you are talking about making pro athlete money, or the desire to up your boxing pay grade.

Comment

Although if you make the first offense a year, the second offense probably should be more than 2 years, 3 years would make more sense. So for two failed offenses that is 4 years, and a third should be lifetime if someone managed to survive the first two.
              If they don't, it's going to encourage more people to "try". It's not much of a deterrent. I'm all for second chances man, don't get me wrong but one year is not enough. 1 year would make most of them think "one year is one year, I can survive" especially if they make that network money, you put two years I'm sure they will be thinking much much deeper, add more time, even more. That's my opinion.

Comment

Ban him for life, lets start a petition.

Fool me once shame on you
                Fool me twice shame on me

WBA really shouldn't let this ****er go with just two years.

Comment

Lol funny thing is he asked for it himself didn't he?

Comment

If they don't, it's going to encourage more people to "try". It's not much of a deterrent. I'm all for second chances man, don't get me wrong but one year is not enough. 1 year would make most of them think "one year is one year, I can survive" especially if they make that network money, you put two years I'm sure they will be thinking much much deeper, add more time, even more. That's my opinion.
                    I am willing to give someone enough rope to hang them self, they can make good or get run out of the sport.

Obviously 2 years at first is much harsher so you do have a point to stop guys from even getting started, but I would just much rather make the second offense the really harsh blow because guys that will do it after a slap on the wrists (although a year compared to what they do currently is certainly tougher) are the really low down cheaters.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Lol funny thing is he asked for it himself didn't he?
                      Don King requested it.

Comment

Working...
                      X