No announcement yet.

I'm NOT sold on Cotto.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    He was a good title holder who was very popular amongst his own people.

That's it.
    He was the third or fought PPV attraction in the US. You think that only his ppl bought the fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      He was a good title holder who was very popular amongst his own people.

That's it.
      Nah, I think you are describing Hatton. Cotto was a bigger man in boxing than him.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        He was the third or fought PPV attraction in the US. You think that only his ppl bought the fights?
        i dont even like cotto anymore and i kept buying his fights even though many cotto fans that made me hate cotto were annoying the **** outta me, lol, i watched cotto fights to see him lose, lol, i still bought the fight caz hes exciting as long as he keeps his energy up, lol, cotto is solid and hes still an A"" caliber fighter, lol, hed always fought the best possible opponents also, lol, unlike floyds ***** azz, lol, he wasnt a 3 weight champ for nothing, lol, cotto had a better resume than vargas and achieved way more but vargas had those 2 great victories, lol, cotto needed one and he was surefire hall of famer, lol, cotto is still a threat to many even though his prime is over, lol, cotto would beat the crap outta bradley , kirkland, angulo and many others so hes not done in my view
        Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 02-14-2013, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
          i dont even like cotto anymore and i kept buying his fights even though many cotto fans that made me hate cotto were annoying the **** outta me, lol, i watched cotto fights to see him lose, lol, i still bought the fight caz hes exciting as long as he keeps his energy up, lol, cotto is solid and hes still an A"" caliber fighter, lol, hed always fought the best possible opponents also, lol, unlike floyds ***** azz, lol, he wasnt a 3 weight champ for nothing, lol, cotto had a better resume than vargas and achieved way more but vargas had those 2 great victories, lol, cotto needed one and he was surefire hall of famer, lol, cotto is still a threat to many even though his prime is over, lol, cotto would beat the crap outta bradley , kirkland, angulo and many others so hes not done in my view
          Vargas was also fun to watch but he is in the same category with Cotto. Solid fighters with a lot of flaws that prevent them in being the best in their eras. Vargas was too brave for his chin and Cotto too arrogant. Vargas has a close win against a prime Winky ( a very close fight in my eyes) but yet at the end of his career he had too many health problems to progress any futher. I rather pay to see a Vargas or a Cotto fight that a Mayweather cause those guys were fun to watch.

I do like hardcore fans cause they entertain you with nonesense. It get annoying at times but it doesn't get to me. I like them especially if we in a group watchin a fight especially when their fighter is losing. Good stuff

Comment

Vargas was also fun to watch but he is in the same category with Cotto. Solid fighters with a lot of flaws that prevent them in being the best in their eras. Vargas was too brave for his chin and Cotto too arrogant. Vargas has a close win against a prime Winky ( a very close fight in my eyes) but yet at the end of his career he had too many health problems to progress any futher. I rather pay to see a Vargas or a Cotto fight that a Mayweather cause those guys were fun to watch.

I do like hardcore fans cause they entertain you with nonesense. It get annoying at times but it doesn't get to me. I like them especially if we in a group watchin a fight especially when their fighter is losing. Good stuff
            if cotto beat kirkland, angulo, bradley and maybe ortiz, lol, would you call him a hall of fame caliber fighter today?????????????? i would no doubt, lol, bradley would be the biggest win overall even though bradley not hall of fame but braley is a undefeated fighter with no losses, lol, that counts for a little something i guess

Comment

I don't think he is a HOFer, he never won that one big fight
              Agree with you bro.. He needs to win against a big name. The Mosely and Judah wins are not gonna get him in..

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                if cotto beat kirkland, angulo, bradley and maybe ortiz, lol, would you call him a hall of fame caliber fighter today?????????????? i would no doubt, lol, bradley would be the biggest win overall even though bradley not hall of fame but braley is a undefeated fighter with no losses, lol, that counts for a little something i guess
                You are considering Bradley to boost Cotto resume because he is undefeated? Cotto have like 7 of those already. Kirkland and Angulo have done sht in boxing. Cotto W against Corley is a better W for him. What they have on their resume is garbage. Fighting JMM wont do anything to his cause because there is a pretty damn size advantage for Cotto and JMM dont have Manny's speed to compensate for it.

@ 140 he missed a Hatton fight
                @ 147, prime vs Floyd, vs Williams
                @ 154, he is too small for that weight and you can see on his fight against Trout that he cant beat a stronger guy because he cant bully him.

So nothing he does, not even beating Pac @ 150 will solidy HoFer credentials. He is making it because he was exciting, he had a big following and he has beaten over 10 champions in a era that he is top 5 in his weight class. And Gatti making it, solidifies more.

And that BS about him fighting for vacant title, acting like he was not able to beat a champion is stupid. Acting like Hatton could beat Cotto or even Baldomir who were the champ, Lineal Champs.

Cotto might be overated by his biggest fans around here, and he is hated here in PR and troll around the internet because of his KNEE condition. But considering his run in this weak era, he did enough to be consider more than average in this era.

Comment

if you're not sold on cotto, stop watching boxing. if this is a response to the "JMM" thread, and you're trolling, then do your thing. but jmm is obviously > cotto. by miles.

Comment

Cotto is a HOFer, there's no doubt in my mind he makes it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Cotto is a HOFer, there's no doubt in my mind he makes it there.
                      Most people would not agree with you and I'm one of them.. He needs that big win to be a HOF. He was a good fighter and exciting at time but not a HOF..

Comment

Working...
                      X