Collapse
No announcement yet.

People hated ortiz with a broken jaw.. a broken nose? Come on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz was winning, got his jaw busted by a legal punch, and quit in a fight that would have led to a big payday.

Garcia was winning handily, got his nose busted by a headbutt, and can't be blamed for not letting Salido take advantage of the circumstances created by a foul.

I don't like Garcia not continuing, but its much more understandable than Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
      i remember when everyone trashed devon alexander for quitting in the tim bradley fight. that was from a headbutt and not a "legal" punch.

garcia and alexander are both quitters with a bit of bítch in them.
      That's because Alexander clearly could have continued, but didn't because he was getting whooped.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
        The guy headbutted him on purpose. He shoudve been DQ'd on the spot just for breaking his nose.

Thats it right there, an obvious foul and one that breaks a nose? He should have been DQed. Garcia shouldnt have to continue fighting in a fight he was on his way to scoring a legit knockout when the other guy breaks his nose by cheating. You know how ridiculous that sounds? Why is the blame on garcia when it should be on Salido for ****s sake. If anyone is upset that they didnt get to see a nice legit stoppage to close out the fight, blame that on Salido for cheating out of desperation when he was on his way to loosing.

They went under accidental head butt rules meant for cuts but it was an intentional butt and should have been a DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
          i remember when everyone trashed devon alexander for quitting in the tim bradley fight. that was from a headbutt and not a "legal" punch.

garcia and alexander are both quitters with a bit of bítch in them.
          when did you win your world title, champ?

i mean if you are calling world champions *****es you must have been one yourself. because what kind of phaggot would sit behind a computer screen and call world championship level fighters *****es without at least having walked in their shoes?

nobody would be that big a punk to run their mouth like that without having proved their own toughness. so which belt did you hold, killer?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            That is false. Robert Garcia actually started shouting to the doctor about it.
            its true, garcia said he cant continue

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
              unless you've had a broken jaw or nose in a fight, how can you criticise these guys.....?
              i never criticized ortiz, just garcia and im pretty sure my nose has been broken

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
                Garcia had a broken nose... Ortiz jaw was shattered, his mouth couldnt even shut, blood pouring out and people called him a b**ch. This guy Garcia was handily winning but he quit over a broken nose... this is boxing, this guy aint no warrior. If anyone hated on Ortiz, they better be hating on Garcia... this guy aint no warrior
                Your right. Garcia and Rios talked all that crap about Ortiz now look at Mikey quitting over a broken nose.

Comment

Thought the reaction to Ortiz quitting in the Lopez fight was pretty over the top and irrational myself.That wasn't no cut above the brow that he was dealing with in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                    The guy headbutted him on purpose. He shoudve been DQ'd on the spot just for breaking his nose.
                    After replays after replays...and ringside experts...ruled it accidental! Not intentional!

Comment

He quit before Dr called it so yeah it sux no matter how some try to spin it. Impressive performance though

Side note: some on this thread and other have stated thst Garcia came in and beat the best 126 pounder so hes a warrior and all the while Broner beat the best 140 and hes a hype job so how does that work

Comment

Working...
                      X