No announcement yet.

The Fix was IN!..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
    Benavidez was trying to gain experience and feel out that 8 rounds...he could've stopped Miranda at any point really..but his confidence came back to bite him in the ass!...

Garcia's left hook is vicious tho..I'm not too fond of him..but his grit is something to admire..I wanna see him and Rios or Alvarado go at it now..
    he stops both.. matthyse on the other hand is a sick fight

Comment

I wouldn't argue that..I can see it being a decent stoppage..I, personally, believe it was early..

what about those cards tho..what do you think?..
      decent it is.

yeah the score card looks weird

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
      I say a good stoppage, Alvarado wasn't punching back and totally defenseless. He live to fight another day, maybe a rematch.

yeah and it seems like he woudnt get kd and will just get more punishment

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        This how I scored it.

Round 1: Rios.

Round 2: Alvarado.

Round 3: Rios.

Round 4: Alvarado.

Round 5: Alvarado.

Round 6: Rios.

So, three rounds apiece going into the 7th.

If anybody has a problem with my scorecard, feel free to flame, lol.
        I didn't score the fight by round, pea, but my overall impression was Alvarado was leading going to the 7th. I wouldn't mind watching over and over again. That was the greatest fight this year.

Comment

This how I scored it.

Pea I couldn't even argue a draw..I mean it was a back and forth WAR..personally I believe Alvarado's jab and combinations took more rounds..he had Rios' head wobblin all over...

but do you see 4-2 Rios justifiable?...can you defend that in favor of Rios?..

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
            he stops both.. matthyse on the other hand is a sick fight
            Garcia stops Rios?..I don't know about that bro..Rios showed his chin isn't something you should try to crack..and Garcia isn't exactly "Mosley-esque"..

and..I think Matthysse whoops everyone at 140 at this moment..

Comment

Garcia stops Rios?..I don't know about that bro..Rios showed his chin isn't something you should try to crack..and Garcia isn't exactly "Mosley-esque"..

and..I think Matthysse whoops everyone at 140 at this moment..
              swift is all around better than alvarado and garcia is improving every fight

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                I didn't score the fight by round, pea, but my overall impression was Alvarado was leading going to the 7th. I wouldn't mind watching over and over again. That was the greatest fight this year.
                Pea I couldn't even argue a draw..I mean it was a back and forth WAR..personally I believe Alvarado's jab and combinations took more rounds..he had Rios' head wobblin all over...

but do you see 4-2 Rios justifiable?...can you defend that in favor of Rios?..
                The reason why I scored this fight, was how evenly I thought these two matched up. I saw ebbs and flows in the fight, and actually saw an outside shot of it going the full 10, based on both guys toughness, even when taking such tremendous punishment.

I can see why you are angry, WC. You have a fight with these types of fighters, and you want to see a clear cut victory, with no possible chance of BS thrown in. I thought the stoppage was sound, though. My thinking was, Alvarado could have took a knee to clear his head. But who knows?

Comment

This how I scored it.

nope correct scorecard. i had it the same way. why did lederman give the third to alvarado? i was like wat!

Comment

The reason why I scored this fight, was how evenly I thought these two matched up. I saw ebbs and flows in the fight, and actually saw an outside shot of it going the full 10, based on both guys toughness, even when taking such tremendous punishment.

I can see why you are angry, WC. You have a fight with these types of fighters, and you want to see a clear cut victory, with no possible chance of BS thrown in. I thought the stoppage was sound, though. My thinking was, Alvarado could have took a knee to clear his head. But who knows?
                    I'm calm now..but I made a thread before about this..stating that refs get too involved too soon taking away some great fights away from us..

This fight had Steve Smoger written all over it!..but I think the best solution is an immediate rematch...Pacquiao Marquez is a level above both..even at this age and point of their careers..Rios-Alvarado are a good match and could go down as a great trilogy of the 2010's

Comment

I don't know if you're kidding with that 2nd to last sentence bu I LOL'd.

I thought myself that the fight would reach the judges card.

Comment

Working...
                      X