No announcement yet.

Which Great Fighters Held on to there Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Great Fighters Held on to there Money

I believe Leonard, hagler, tunney, Mclarin, did well can we name others?

/

/

Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis and George Foreman

Comment

Larry Holmes.

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins has held onto his money well.

Comment

didnt jack dempsey hold on to his cash pretty well?

he lost a lot in the market crash but im pretty sure he was still well off.

pacquiao & mayweather arent retired but the way things are now theyll practically have to try and throw their money away.

Comment

Originally posted by CCobra View Post
              Bernard Hopkins has held onto his money well.
              that must be why he's still fighting nearing 50 years old

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
                that must be why he's still fighting nearing 50 years old
                Actually...he's still fighting because he can continue to pad his millions with more million dollar paydays without getting hurt.

He is a tightwad fom all accounts, and has benefitted from the fact that his big paydays came at the back end of his career instead of when he was young and stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                  Actually...he's still fighting because he can continue to pad his millions with more million dollar paydays without getting hurt.

He is a tightwad fom all accounts, and has benefitted from the fact that his big paydays came at the back end of his career instead of when he was young and stupid.
                  I'm definitely not convinced Hopkins is doing that well financially, or that he will continue to do well financially after he's retired, when there will be no more million dollar paydays

when I look at him, I see all the usual mistakes fighters make while they're on top making millions : expensive car collection, huge mansion, rock star standard of life,... imagine how much it costs to simply pay the insurances for all he owns, the taxes, etc.

I'm not saying Hopkins is broke, but maybe he continues to fight because it has become clear that he needs more than he has in his bank account if he wants to keep the same lifestyle once he is retired

Comment

"when I look at him, I see all the usual mistakes fighters make while they're on top making millions : expensive car collection, huge mansion, rock star standard of life,... imagine how much it costs to simply "

You're not looking at the same Hopkins I am....and as a Philadelphian I can tell you there are no stories here of him living a lavish life in any way, shape, or form.

In fact, he bought a home in Delaware, where property is cheap and there is no sales tax. That falls in line with him being frugal, which I have always heard about him while never hearing about the version you see.

Comment

Working...
                    X