No announcement yet.

Weights from bohol for pinoy pride xii

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weights from bohol for pinoy pride xii

Tagbilaran City -- The official weighin for the 'Pinoy Pride XII - Bakbakan sa Bohol' gets underway at the Island City Mall here with Rey 'Boom-Boom' Bautista coming in at 127.5 lbs for the contracted weight of 128 lbs for the 10-round non-title fight against Mexican veteran Genaro Garcia. Garcia, however, stepped the scales at 132 lbs and refused to reduce. As of press time, GAB supervising official Rolando Mendoza said that Garcia may be required to wear 10 or 12 ounce gloves.
    Garcia, who arrived without his trainer who got sick before departing for the Philippines, was being assisted by Mexican-American Cebu resident Mike Lopez, arrived in Bohol Wednesday weighed 136 lbs. According to Lopez, they did everything to reduce the weight but apparently Garcia hit a wall and could only go as far as 132 lbs.
    In the main undercard, Genesis Servania came in at 123 lbs while his Kenyan opponent Nick Otieno weighed in at 122.5 lbs.
    Comebacking Jayson Pagara weighed in at 140.5 lbs while much small Indonesian opponent Frans Yaranga came in at 139.25 lbs who stepped the scales fully dressed with shoes and all.
    Michael Domingo weighed 123 lbs while Marvin Tampus came in at 122.5 lbs.

Bautista vs Garcia.

Servania vs Otieno.

Pagara vs Yaranga.

Domingo vs Tampus

From what I read, Garcia will be wearing 12 oz. gloves due to being overweight. Bautista to me is a fringe contender level guy; decent power and speed, but lacks skill, stamina, defense and has a questionable chin. ALA should be moving on to promote other guys in their stable, imo.

Hope to see some improvement from Servania.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
      From what I read, Garcia will be wearing 12 oz. gloves due to being overweight. Bautista to me is a fringe contender level guy; decent power and speed, but lacks skill, stamina, defense and has a questionable chin. ALA should be moving on to promote other guys in their stable, imo.

Hope to see some improvement from Servania.
      Me too, i just started watching him recently because somebody posted a vid of him on here.
      Also, hopefully next time I go home to the Philippines I can catch a show.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Me too, i just started watching him recently because somebody posted a vid of him on here.
        Also, hopefully next time I go home to the Philippines I can catch a show.
        Servania is on an up hill climb IMo...he looked good in his last fight against Marcos Cardenas. he dropped him twice in the first round Looked pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Servania is on an up hill climb IMo...he looked good in his last fight against Marcos Cardenas. he dropped him twice in the first round Looked pretty good.
          I think it was you who posted that prospect video

Comment

I think it was you who posted that prospect video

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                Yup, that one and one of his fights... it was from a big thread and he was by far the better of the litter

Comment

Yup, that one and one of his fights... it was from a big thread and he was by far the better of the litter
                  we will see better things from him....

Comment

Garcia, hit the scales at 132 lbs and refused to reduce. Rolando Mendoza said that Garcia may be required to wear 10 or 12 ounce gloves. Looking for thesize advantage or having trouble making weight?

Comment

Working...
                    X