No announcement yet.

quick question about preserving a protein shake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question about preserving a protein shake

Every time I make a protein I always drink it as soon as i make it. But im going to start drinking a protein shake at 5:00 am and run at 6:00 am and my parents dont want to wake up to a blender noise at 5a.m. every morning. So im gonna have to make the protein shake the night before i run.

Has anyone done this. Or heard of any cons of doing this.

Someone told me that all the protein will dissolve in 2 hours if not drinking asap.

It eveen says it on some packs. Fake protein must be consumed immediately! Why don't you have some raw eggs instead just like Rocky? LOL. Seriously man, real protein is uch better for you than fake protein. Have an orange instead or some grapes, and when you come back have a boiled egg sandwich made with stoneground bread(toasted) with pepper sprinkled on top. Natural foods are always better than the fake stuff. Processed foods mess up your energy, plus fke protein is a rip off. Buy some masala fish instead and still it in your George Foreman!

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
      It eveen says it on some packs. Fake protein must be consumed immediately! Why don't you have some raw eggs instead just like Rocky? LOL. Seriously man, real protein is uch better for you than fake protein. Have an orange instead or some grapes, and when you come back have a boiled egg sandwich made with stoneground bread(toasted) with pepper sprinkled on top. Natural foods are always better than the fake stuff. Processed foods mess up your energy, plus fke protein is a rip off. Buy some masala fish instead and still it in your George Foreman!
      because its processed doesn't mean its fake. Most top athletes take supplements, if u want to live in the middle ages it's cool but don't advice people to do the same

you can make the protein shake hours before you consume it. In my gym they sell bottles of pre made protein shake so it won't be a problem, just put it in the fridge.

Comment

shake it up by hand. get a container with a lid.

Comment

you don't need the protein shake

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
            you don't need the protein shake
            why not? u know an other way to get 37 g of protein with only 1 g fat and 1 g carbs?

Comment

skinless boneless fat free chicken breasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidayeen View Post
                because its processed doesn't mean its fake. Most top athletes take supplements, if u want to live in the middle ages it's cool but don't advice people to do the same

you can make the protein shake hours before you consume it. In my gym they sell bottles of pre made protein shake so it won't be a problem, just put it in the fridge.
                Processed by definition is fake food! Some of the **** isn't even food stuffs, but crap made in a lab. In th emiddle ages they probably had less obesity. Many elite athletes may take supplements, but many also have natural foods only such as Ali. Haye was also saying he sticks to organic food, and leaves out processed ****. Paleolithic diet is the natural choice for optimising the human body IMO.

Protein shakes should only be taken if you can't have natural protein for some reason, such as fasting. If you can have poultry and seafood instead (with occasional steak), there is no doubt that they will give you better quality protein as well as other nutrients. Modern nutritionists also agree (some may disagree if they have been paid to do some research!) on the wisdom of the middle ages!

Btw, the grams of fat mean nothing because if it is not processed fat it ain't too bad for you. Fish contains essential fatty acids which are good for you. That's why they call them essential! There is a book on this by Dr Udo erasmus called fats that kill and fats that heal. Check it out.
                Last edited by JulioCesaChavez; 11-16-2008, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidayeen View Post

ohh yeah. I should of thought of that. I bought a couple of those before.

Comment

Working...
                  X