No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    i didnt say he has to. i said its the only challenge there. floyd claims to be the best of all time so prove it and accept a challenge.
    He may,we do not know what he plans to do after May ya'll just wanna run in here and insult the man like he can fight everyone at the same damn time

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Your unwritten assumption that one ight is better than the other notwithstanding, I would prefer floyd/sergio as a fan because I want to see floyd do something no one thinks he can.

But don't act like Sergio is calling out floyd because he thinks floyd is the most competitive fight for himself. This is where Larry is ABSOLIUTELY right and Bush is letting his dislike for floyd to guide his judgement.

Floyd has no "on paper" quality competitive fight at ww right now so he has to fight outside of 147. Marinez has quality fights at 160 right now but isn't seeking them, rather he is calling out floyd, who we all know is a WW who will give up weight if he thinks there is significant money to be made.
      i think he would beat martinez, but i dont think he will take the challenge.

he doesnt have to fight outside 147, he can always rertire. he has already proved himself. id rather he do that than fight lesser oppoents just for the money. i actually think guerrero would cause floyd problems, but martinez would cause him more problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Well if you wanna put it that way, the fact is that Martinez in fact headline a major ppv event. Has ginger ever headlined a major ppv event??

Defending any & everything Floyd does is dangerously close to Manny fanboy logic. Look at yourself before you talk about me please.
        no but Canelo has been given the 2nd spot on floyds fights and GBP has done a good job marketing and building this fight.

Your problem IMO is your tendancy to take everything to the extreme to argue it. So its not about defending anything floyd does. I'm questioning what you are posting, not defending floyd. The fight isn't as great as some floyd fans make it and isn't as bad as you make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          1st you complained that he would not fight ww's..he did that and yet you are still complaining...why????you were one of the posters claiming he was scared of Mosley
          i complained that floyd wouldnt fight welterweights? what are you smokin? i bloody wasnt saying he is scared of mosley. i said he is scared of pacquiao. get it right!

Comment

• Originally posted by usaboxing20 View Post
            Money stepped up five times still undefeated and has won belts in each class. What you saying?
            I'm saying that he is a GREAT fighter, HOF for sure.

But most people believe that a Roy Jones at 154 would have easily beaten Mayweather, I believe that Sergio Martinez is the closest thing to Roy Jones only without the speed and combinations that Roy threw.

Roy has said many times that Martinez reminds him of himself, with that being said that Style is all wrong for Mayweather.

I just don't see Mayweather beating Sergio Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
              He may,we do not know what he plans to do after May ya'll just wanna run in here and insult the man like he can fight everyone at the same damn time
              im not insulting him. its reality. stop crying. and how many times do you say damn!!!!! jeeeeeezus!

all iv said is he should fight martinez at 160. whats the fcuking problem!?! would you rather see him fight somebody easier or would you like to see a good fight?

Comment

i didnt say he has to. i said its the only challenge there. floyd claims to be the best of all time so prove it and accept a challenge.
                So 14/15 years on top, hit the P4P list and has not left it, fought nobody outside the top 5 since he became champ & only #1s the last 5/6 years plus 5 divisions aint enough?
                I think u know what it is, Floyds jugded by a higher standard cuz he IS the higher standard... But haters gonna hate.
                U say a true 47 has no other threats other than a true 60? that's a complament

Comment

• **** all this bickering back and forth ****. Pacquiao, and Mayweather are both not real champions in the game. Pacquiao drains his opponents to get an advantage, basically all his big fights were to his advantage, and Mayweather doesn't fight the biggest threats to his 0. Mayweather ducks, while Pacquiao kills his opponents before the fight. Mayweather CAN fight at 154lbs, all this "hes a natural 147" gtfo.

Marquez jumped up to fight Mayweather, and May still came in heavier. Why cant May jump up and fight Martinez? Because hes a chump. I'll be surprised if he fights Canelo, honestly. And Pacquiao will never fight an opponent at their normal weight division!!! Boxing has become full of puss*es!

Comment

do you agree with that as a boxing fan? fighting for the most money rather than fighting the best?

i think he chooses the easiest opponent for the most money. not just the most money, otherwise he would have fought pacquiao.
                    Thats been happening since I started watching boxing so why would I complain now? what do you think SRL/Duran 1 was? fighting the best or taking the most lucrative fight? see, you just didn't have as much access to information then.

As for floyd/manny, if you still blame just floyd than there is no way we can have a reasonable discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                      So 14/15 years on top, hit the P4P list and has not left it, fought nobody outside the top 5 since he became champ & only #1s the last 5/6 years plus 5 divisions aint enough?
                      I think u know what it is, Floyds jugded by a higher standard cuz he IS the higher standard... But haters gonna hate.
                      U say a true 47 has no other threats other than a true 60? that's a complament
                      look floyd fans, all im saying is there is only 1 fight out there for floyd that does anything for his legacy.

am i wrong?

Comment

Working...
                      X