No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley, Like Pacquiao, Has Concerns With Head Clashes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley, Like Pacquiao, Has Concerns With Head Clashes

Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach aren’t the only ones concerned about Timothy Bradley butting the Filipino superstar with his head June 9.

Bradley admits he, too, has been cognizant in training of figuring out ways to limit head-butts during the biggest fight of his career next week in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't take all the blame Bradley. Pacman has been involved in quite a few head clashes without you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Don't take all the blame Bradley. Pacman has been involved in quite a few head clashes without you.
      Any headclashes in this fight will be strictly in Bradley's favour as they always are . I'm not a fan of Bradley's tactics but if there was a fight in which he could use them to good effect this would be one given that Pac doesn't react well to cuts .

It's kind of strange that he cares so much about the fans for this fight , not wanting the fight to end on a butt so much so that he has said that he is changing how he will throw his shots , when in the past his attitude to head clashes was that it was his opponents fault too and that he didn't really care about fan opinion and would do whatever it took to win.

Comment

lol, we all seen you sparring tim

Comment

If the heads collide,and I'm sure at some point they will, so be it. These 2 guys are both champions. They both should be able to deal with it. They both have been cut before. Everyone harps so much about Bradley using his head, but Manny tends to leap in reckessly as well causing head clashes. It something that just happens when a southpaw faces a righty. I truly think if it gets bloody and goes to the trenches, the advantage goes to Tim. I've seen fights in the past where Manny would start complaining to the ref about headbutts and low blows and seem to lose his focus. I think Manny has the advantage in power and experience, but I think its going to come down to much more than that. If Tim can take Manny's best shot, he will come out with the victory.

I've watched and studied Manny over the years and is amazed at his athletic ability. Those unorthodox combos he put together are incredible. His foot speed and in and out movement are second to know other fighter in the sport. But, these abilities were always displayed against guys who weren't blessed with the same gifts. Manny has fought and beat some hall of famers and former great champions, but none that could match his physical abilities. I would have loved to see Mosley in his prime fight Manny. I believe the outcome would have been totally different. Mosley had the same gifts that Manny has now. But he was shot by the time the 2 met. In other words, Manny has never beat any of his opponents with pure boxing skills,he beats them by being the better athlete. Come June 9th, for the 1st time in his career, he will be staring in the eyes of a hungry young undefeated champion who is just as good of an athlete as he is. With the exception of punching power, he has an opponent who can match him in every phase of the game. And to break it all the way down, Bradley is the more schooled skillfull boxer.

Pacquiao fans will be devastated to see their guy lose to this unknown champion. Those that follow the sport and know boxing already know how this fight can turn out. Me...I'm predicting Bradley beating Manny somewhat convincingly. He will taste Manny's power early, then make some key adjustments. And, thats the key to victory,adjustments. Bradley has proven he is capable of making in ring adjustments. Manny, as great as he is, has never done it. He beats guys with plan A. If someone can match him and take his power, there is no plan B. Thats why he looks bad and amateurish in some fights. Thats when all the excuses come out about leg cramps. This is the end of the road for the great Manny Pacquiao. He's done it all in the ring. He's made himself a legend. But just like Ali, Robinson, Holmes, Leonard, Duran, and all the other greats, there comes a time in your career that you get in the ring with a guy that doesn't care about your greatness. He's willing to die to take your spot.He's hungrier and at this stage, more skillfull than you. When you dig deep, he digs a little deeper. That reality will come to past for Manny on June 9th!!!

Comment

Originally posted by S H O B O X View Post
            Any headclashes in this fight will be strictly in Bradley's favour as they always are . I'm not a fan of Bradley's tactics but if there was a fight in which he could use them to good effect this would be one given that Pac doesn't react well to cuts .

It's kind of strange that he cares so much about the fans for this fight , not wanting the fight to end on a butt so much so that he has said that he is changing how he will throw his shots , when in the past his attitude to head clashes was that it was his opponents fault too and that he didn't really care about fan opinion and would do whatever it took to win.
            Yes, I know, put all the blame on Bradley. Even turn around & for some strange reason find it strange that a fighter cares about his performance in the biggest fight of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Yes, I know, put all the blame on Bradley. Even turn around & for some strange reason find it strange that a fighter cares about his performance in the biggest fight of his life.
              Umm.. Bradley himself said in the article that his usual punching style of leaning in , then throwing shots was the a big factor for headbutts in his fights and he was going to change it to eliminate them . Read the article.

If anything in this fight I'd be less inclined to put sole blame on Bradley when Pac's in out darting style could put him in danger of a cut.

I was just wondering why Bradley cares so much about the fans in this fight enough to make these changes when they usually work to his advantage even though in the past his attitude has basically been **** it , let the fans think what they want.

Comment

If Pac will be cut by a head butt then Tim will be finished early, see what happens to Solis.

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                  If Pac will be cut by a head butt then Tim will be finished early, see what happens to Solis.
                  I think Timmy will be in the fight for the long haul or at least till the late rounds and if Pac gets a signficant cut early he may begin to fight more desperately and lose focus like the first Morales fight and JMM 2

Comment

Originally posted by S H O B O X View Post

The one in the Alexander fight was to Devon's favor...Tim was bleeding right into his eye sight.

Comment

Working...
                    X