New Video: ESPN Debate Muhammad Ali vs Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Quite possibly.

I think that version of Liston loses 10/10 against the 60's Ali. And I even think a prime Liston is near that. His jabs just never going to work against Ali.

I think Tyson has somewhat of a chance against a 70's Ali. Albeit a very slim one.

So based on style I'd personally say Tyson doesn't have the worst chance. But always a slim one none the less.
    ^^^^^^^^

This

Comment

Ali wins comfortably

Comment

Sonny snapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Akucapri View Post
          What a bunch of obnoxious morons.

Who's Tony Bruno?
          I think it's the monster that was created when Skip was trying to make a point using names on a sheet

Tony Tubbs
          Frank Bruno

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            Okay let me break this down for you, Joe Frazier and Mike Tyson don't fight alike and watching the Frazier-Ali fights doesn't prove that Tyson is a bad style for Ali. The Tyson-Tillis fight has a much more valid implication of a potential Ali fight than the Ali-Frazier fights, and if you haven't seen it - the implication for Tyson is not a good one. It should be noted that Ali is levels above Tillis in terms head to head and Tyson and Frazier are on a more even field in general (even if they do bring different things to the table). Many would argue that Frazier was more of a threat to Ali than Tyson would be in more than one way. Firstly, Joe Frazier is widely regarded as the best heavyweight in-fighter (rightly so IMO) in history, Tyson on the other hand not so much - while he wasn't absolutely useless on the inside, he wasn't near the company of Frazier in that department. Secondly, intangibles, Tyson simply doesn't have the will and determination of Frazier, I can imagine after a spirited effort in the first 5 rounds against Ali, Tyson would be very discouraged from his inability to finish Ali. Thirdly, stamina, Tysons gas tank and work-rate doesn't compare to Joes, who always had the ability to fight at an amazing pace in the later rounds.

I can definitely imagine Tyson starting off the fight well, but I can imagine he would do that with most greats, nothing personal to Ali, nothing about Ali's specific strength and weaknesses suggest Tyson is a particularly bad stylistic match-up for him. Using the Joe Frazier fights as evidence is plain stupid, if you can counter using something more, go at it...
            there is at least one aspect we can take from Frazier VS Ali to try to imagine how a Tyson-Ali fight would unfold

-the fact that Frazier would use his bob and weave style to get closer while Ali would be punching at a low target, and then bang, Frazier would come from underneath with a big left hook

it was ridiculous the number of times Frazier had Ali falling for it

Tyson could do that to great effect too, get low, move the head and come up from underneath with a hard left hook when his opponent was busy punching in combos trying to get to Tyson's head while leaving himself wide open

I personnaly believe a prime Ali would be too mobile and elusive for Tyson to win, but Tyson had a puncher chance, and the head movement he showed in his prime would puzzle Ali for sure

with that said, I believe Ali's assets would cause more problems to Tyson then the other way around, I think Ali would have stopped Tyson in 8 or 9

Comment

It's obvious who the fanboy is here, it wouldn't be hard to dig up some more embarrassing posts of yours, I've been aware of your nationalistic bullcrap for awhile, and your typical one-line posts that you cannot back up (no response to Dans post LOL). Also I'm well aware that you have looked on my profile (my other one also) before any conflict with me. Sorry but you can't post bull**** on here and not expect to get called out.

who really believes Peterson can beat Pacquiao? He has a real shot @ beating Marquez.
              how is that a double standard? it's an unnecessary match up he isn't ready or worthy of.

I didn't reply to Irondahamza's post because he obviously knows more about the subject than I do. I trust his knowledge over mine.

lol @ me being Nationalistic. Yes I'm sure you're aware of my post history.

You're aware of the constant debates and arguments i've had over blind nationalism with other Hispanic posters. Everyone knows how much i'm against favoring a boxer based on nationalism/race.
              you seem to be very clever...what with your inability to properly read and comprehend basic satire and purposely ironic post that everyone instantly picks on.

hell you can't go 2 post with out flip flopping

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              Peterson? really?

Peterson loses to Cotto,Mayweather,Khan (rematch),Bradley, Ortiz, Berto, Marquez and Pacquiao
              he didn't even beat Khan.

Yeah he did, get over it.
              (referring to Khan - Peterson)

No he didn't YOU get over it.

getting a decision isn't the same as beating some one.

It could've been scored either way, Khan wasn't robbed now STFU, you're a know-nothing piece of ****.
              he flip flops and goes full flown senile....claiming the fight could've gone either way and that I had said Khan was robbed LOL

yes..that's the mind of critical thinker that isn't senile at all.

I honestly encourage you to dig up more of my "embarrassing post"
              I want to see what that gem, intelligent mind of yours has picked up on..

Comment

who really believes Peterson can beat Pacquiao? He has a real shot @ beating Marquez.
                how is that a double standard? it's an unnecessary match up he isn't ready or worthy of.

I didn't reply to Irondahamza's post because he obviously knows more about the subject than I do. I trust his knowledge over mine.

lol @ me being Nationalistic. Yes I'm sure you're aware of my post history.

You're aware of the constant debates and arguments i've had over blind nationalism with other Hispanic posters. Everyone knows how much i'm against favoring a boxer based on nationalism/race.
                you seem to be very clever...what with your inability to properly read and comprehend basic satire and purposely ironic post that everyone instantly picks on.

hell you can't go 2 post with out flip flopping

(referring to Khan - Peterson)

he flip flops and goes full flown senile....claiming the fight could've gone either way and that I had said Khan was robbed LOL

yes..that's the mind of critical thinker that isn't senile at all.

I honestly encourage you to dig up more of my "embarrassing post"
                I want to see what that gem, intelligent mind of yours has picked up on..
                wtf... you're owning yourself dude stop it

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
                  wtf... you're owning yourself dude stop it

how?.........

Comment

how?.........

Originally Posted by MANIAC310
                    Peterson? really?

Peterson loses to Cotto,Mayweather,Khan (rematch),Bradley, Ortiz, Berto, Marquez and Pacquiao
                    he didn't even beat Khan.

Originally Posted by MANIAC310
                    No he didn't YOU get over it.

getting a decision isn't the same as beating some one.

really ? what are you implying exactly here ?

Originally Posted by RubenSonny
                    It could've been scored either way, Khan wasn't robbed now STFU, you're a know-nothing piece of ****.

all you said leads to believe one thing : you imply Khan was robbed indeed and should have won

therefore, Rubbensonny is right in his assumptions

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                      The article states Tyson didn't fight or beat many if any great fighters.....this is true.

The article states alot more than simply arguing that Tyson never beat a great fighter.It's easy to dismiss this article because it's poorly written and his argument isn't well thought out - you only have to read the fourth paragraph to see this article for what it is.

So a non-ranked heavyweight in Bob Foster,an old contender in Zora Folley and a washed up,literally shot Cleveland Williams are more credible wins than any pre-prison win that Tyson has? That's essentially what this author is arguing.

The only real fight pre-prison Tyson had was against Douglas? So James Tillis and Razor Ruddock didn't offer up any type of resistance or attempt to give Tyson a competitive bout? Only fights in which you take an absolute pasting count?

Mike Tyson does not rate among the top tweny greatest heavyweights in history?

Ali rates as a greater fighter than Tyson and only a brain-dead idiot would attempt to argue otherwise,but you don't need crap articles like this to support that statement.
                      Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 01-18-2012, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X