Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd is a real Junior Middlweight champion, why won't he fight Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Especially at 154, I'm sure the TS would like to act oblivious to those facts though
    Well people have to start knowing this little facts. We are not making excuses for these boxers but we are pointing out the facts, understanding and reasoning why this sort of fight might not come to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
      That's sad as hell. The GOATs would be rolling in their graves if they knew champions in our age would not challenge themselves and fight the best without any excuses or doubt.
      This coming from a guy with an avatar of a fighter who's fought one good fight since Clottey, which was Bradley. Margarito, Mosley, Marquez 3, Rios were ALL bulls**t. Marquez 4 was only legit because Pac couldn't beat him convincingly in the third fight sadly.

Comment

That's sad as hell. The GOATs would be rolling in their graves if they knew champions in our age would not challenge themselves and fight the best without any excuses or doubt.

i always get a kick out of this; people talking about the "good old days" that they haven't actually read about.

boxing has always been about money. do you know who jack dempsey is, and that he fought approximately 100 years ago? how about sugar ray robinson? he was the fighter of the decade in the 40's and the 50's. best WW of all time, top 3 MW of all time. fought for money, and was matched for money.

Comment

All I hear is excuses for floyd

I don't get it. The people get to choose the fight.
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-05-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

All I hear is excuses for floyd

I don't get it. The people get to choose the fight.

the people? you mean you and a few [less than 1000] other dudes on boxingscene?

the people who drive mayweather's ppv sales are not on this website. they're a casual american sporting audience. it's mexicans, and middle and working class american casual fans. these are the people that need TV advertisements to know about fights.

there are 200K posters on bscene. probably 25-50% of them buy ppv, if that.

showtime lost money when they matched floyd with guerrero. they will lose money when they match him with lara. do you understand that?

Comment

If you know how good a fighter is, then you should correct someone who doesn't know, not follow their lead.

You keep telling me boxing is a business, but this isn't a business website.

Comment

If you actually reviewed the resumes of the GOATS as you call them, you'd realize that 85-90% of their opponents you wouldn't even know and when you found out about them you'd hardly consider them worthy challengers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  If you actually reviewed the resumes of the GOATS as you call them, you'd realize that 85-90% of their opponents you wouldn't even know and when you found out about them you'd hardly consider them worthy challengers.
                  Maybe your GOATs are different from mine.

Because the fighters I consider the greatest are the ones that have proven the most.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

and he'd know that many of the greats died either poor, or badly damaged, or both.

muhammad ali fought everybody. everybody. he has maybe the best resume of all time. look at him now. he's still got money, but he can't even talk or walk on his own.

boxers fight for money. networks pay for fights or put on ppv for money.

Comment

Maybe you have different GOATs than I.

Because the fighters I consider the greatest are the ones that have proven the most.

you have not even looked at the resume of the greats of the past.

Comment

Working...
                      X