Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd win your respect in round 2 against Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He definitely showed his ability to stay composed and in control. He knew exactly what to do in that situation. That in itself is impressive, because he's not used to being in that situation, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
      Did he prove he was not all flash to those who didnt already know this?did he show his grit and toughness?
      Oh yeah. I was surprised he went toe to toe.

Comment

i believe floyd is tough as hell in there and is probably alot stronger in clinches than alot of the guys he's fought. just because he doesn't get led into wars doesn't mean he's a B!tch fighter. he can do it all

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          By standing up?
          You must have missed the following 10 rounds.

Comment

Everyone gets hurt.

For the most part, everyone who steps into the ring gets some degree of respect from me.

Comment

How can you respect a fighter that admitted the he's a rich scared coward!

Comment

It showed me two things, whilst his chin is not great, it's pretty solid. I don't think Shane hit him with a home run, like he has hit other fighters with, if he had I think he takes Floyd out. I just refreshed myself with both shots on youtube. The first shot was through the middle, solid shot, but nothing I didn't see him hit Oscar with several times or even Cotto in their fight. The second shot was one of those right hooks that Mosley likes to land around the guard, it was a good shot but it could have been worse, it landed high on Floyds head rather than his chin, plus Mosley was leaning back so he didn't really get his full weight on the shot. Again I saw plenty of these land on Oscar and Cotto, but not the same effect. But this is not a surprise to me, as we saw it in the Corley fight.

His powers of recovery though, and his conditioning are TREMENDOUS! I'm not sure there is a more fit fighter out there, he really has amazing stamina. Plus he has great defensive shape, when he does get hurt, the few times he has been, he just hides in his shell and rides it out. To answer the question in the thread, it didnt show me anything that I didn't already know about him, this is one tough SOB. He can dig down if he has to, and he seems to actually enjoy it when wars breakout, it just happens that he is so good he rarely needs to get involved in one.

The one question it raised was, if that was a prime Shane where he was able to come again and again, would Floyd be able to deal with that? But then you could argue was that Shane on EPO? Food for thought...

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  There are two answers to that.

If you hate Floyd...that answer is Antonio Margarito

If you're not delusional... The answer is people at Floyds level dont tend to get KOd/stopped while both are at their natural weight.

Anyway, Shane was gasping for air from the 2nd on. Probably over trained seeing as he just had a camp for Berto and with his age..ouch.
                  I'm lost. Why are you mentioning Margarito? Second, there are no excuses as to why Shane lost to Floyd-none!

Comment

the fight in which he won more respect from me in that sense was the cotto fight

Check this out! Starts at 3:00 for those who don't want intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHX-5BNb2h8

Cotto's a great boxer and had a great game plan, he just didn't had enough stamina. This was BY FAR the best version of cotto post-margarito I. The cuban did a great job formulating a game plan and preparing him.

Comment

Originally posted by migaledut View Post
                      the fight in which he won more respect from me in that sense was the cotto fight

Check this out! Starts at 3:00 for those who don't want intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHX-5BNb2h8

Cotto's a great boxer and had a great game plan, he just didn't had enough stamina. This was BY FAR the best version of cotto post-margarito I. The cuban did a great job formulating a game plan and preparing him.
                      While I agree that Cotto was well prepared, I don't necessarily think it was there gameplan that gave them the success. The only reason Cotto was able to do as well as he did was because Floyd allowed it. He fought Cottos fight and proved that he didn't have to fight that way in the very next fight w/Guerrero.

Comment

Working...
                      X