Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale: Fighting Froch Next Year Would Be Fantastic!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Froch doesn't beat anyone with relative ease. Normally he's the won who never wins in a fantasy match-ups but now you think he trumps DeGale and Groves easily?

I can see Groves fighting and beating Froch soon, if promoters can agree.

No chance to what?
    I think he beats them both very easily, yes.

Reason one being I don't rate DeGale or Groves very highly, then there's the fact that Froch has beaten FAR better fighters than both, has shown no signs of decline, looked as good as ever last time out actually.

Neither DeGale or Groves hit too hard to get Froch's respect, they aren't great boxers to compensate, both have shown dodgy chins against average fighters....yeah, they have next to no chance against Froch for me.

Comment

Froch doesn't beat anyone with relative ease. Normally he's the won who never wins in a fantasy match-ups but now you think he trumps DeGale and Groves easily?
      Lucian Bute and Arthur Abraham would disagree with that first statement.

Comment

I'd prefer to see DeGale be abit more active, get a couple of fights under his belt and target a rematch with Groves.
        Froch has bigger fish to fry with a Bute (and possible Kessler rematch) on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by ghidra View Post
          Lucian Bute and Arthur Abraham would disagree with that first statement.
          I was waiting for someone to bring 'em up.

Don't even start with the Abraham fight. Froch styled on him but Abraham is such a basic fighter, he either defends or attacks and when he does the former he leaves himself in no position to attack.

Bute was overwhelmed with Froch's pressure. I was very impressed with Froch but more shocked at how naive Bute looked.

However, in fights where the opponent doesn't just cover up and has the ability to deal with Froch's pressure - he looks very ordinary. I could really nitpick but I don't want to have to shit on him.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            I think he beats them both very easily, yes.

Reason one being I don't rate DeGale or Groves very highly, then there's the fact that Froch has beaten FAR better fighters than both, has shown no signs of decline, looked as good as ever last time out actually.

Neither DeGale or Groves hit too hard to get Froch's respect, they aren't great boxers to compensate, both have shown dodgy chins against average fighters....yeah, they have next to no chance against Froch for me.
            Groves hits hard enough to hurt Froch.

He & DeGale are way more talented than Froch and whilst they may not go on to achieve what he has, they still pose big threats to him in a potential match-up. I'm not that impressed with DeGale, a gold Olympian who cannot punch, but he has boxing ability and amateur pedigree.

Groves beat DeGale on the back foot, destroyed Paul Smith and looked good against Sierra. In what fights did DeGale & Groves show ' dodgy ' chins?

Both are better boxers than Froch, they beat Froch in most departments apart from heart, chin and stamina. Obviously Froch has proven more as he's been a professional for much longer than Groves & DeGale but the potential is there.

Comment

Froch fights elite, top ten fighters all the time, why would he consider DeGale, unless he gets himself a proper belt?

Comment

Groves hits hard enough to hurt Froch.

He & DeGale are way more talented than Froch and whilst they may not go on to achieve what he has, they still pose big threats to him in a potential match-up. I'm not that impressed with DeGale, a gold Olympian who cannot punch, but he has boxing ability and amateur pedigree.

Groves beat DeGale on the back foot, destroyed Paul Smith and looked good against Sierra. In what fights did DeGale & Groves show ' dodgy ' chins?

Both are better boxers than Froch, they beat Froch in most departments apart from heart, chin and stamina. Obviously Froch has proven more as he's been a professional for much longer than Groves & DeGale but the potential is there.
                Groves was heavily floored, rocked several times and almost stopped by Kenny Anderson.

DeGale was all over the place several times against Wilczewski.

Froch never wins through boxing skill, he wins through all other means. He walks through what his opponent has, breaks their spirit, he can bang...Carl Froch has mixed with, and has wins over, fighters who are light years ahead of DeGale and Groves.

They have both struggled with average fighters and have yet to face anybody of real quality.

Comment

I used to really like Chunky but he couldnt cash the checks his mouth wrote

Comment

Froch is gonna make a lot of money

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Groves was heavily floored, rocked several times and almost stopped by Kenny Anderson.

DeGale was all over the place several times against Wilczewski.

Froch never wins through boxing skill, he wins through all other means. He walks through what his opponent has, breaks their spirit, he can bang...Carl Froch has mixed with, and has wins over, fighters who are light years ahead of DeGale and Groves.

They have both struggled with average fighters and have yet to face anybody of real quality.
                      Dropped heavily?

He was knocked down from a right to the back of the head and was up in the corner by the count of 4. Groves is an open fighter too largely down to that disgusting style Booth has instilled into him. It works at times and Groves looks good but it's a disaster when facing heavy hitters like Anderson & Sierra.

Groves was never rocked several times or that badly hurt, do you think the Sierra fight would've ever happened if so?

DeGale struggled against the Pole and was very fortunate to not have another loss on his record. As I said earlier, for an Olympian he's very ' unpolished ' but I think he can come good in the end. Groves, however, has not struggled with any opposition.

Stop saying Froch has mixed with better competition, of course he fucking has!

Froch's victories aren't that great though, certainly not over opponents that are ' light years ' ahead of DeGale/Groves.

Comment

Working...
                      X