• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edwin Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
      Edwin Rodriguez
      On paper, that might be a decent fight. But, personally, I don't rate Rodriguez very highly. He's a decent top 20 fighter I think, but it doesn't go beyond that. His performance against George was okay, but his fights against Pryor Jr. and Rosinsky were sub par at best. I've even heard a couple people say they thought Rosinsky was robbed.

Rodriguez I think could maybe steadily beat B- and C level fighters, but once he steps up and fights a top SMW, he'll get exposed IMO. I think Bika would knock Rodriguez out inside 8 rounds. I think he'd get dominated and possibly stopped late by Ward, stopped by Dirrell, stopped by Froch and Kessler, and he MIGHT have a chance against Bute, but that's it. I just can't see him beating any top SMW's.

Hey, I could be wrong, but I personally think the guy is more hype then substance when it really comes down to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        On paper, that might be a decent fight. But, personally, I don't rate Rodriguez very highly. He's a decent top 20 fighter I think, but it doesn't go beyond that. His performance against George was okay, but his fights against Pryor Jr. and Rosinsky were sub par at best. I've even heard a couple people say they thought Rosinsky was robbed.

Rodriguez I think could maybe steadily beat B- and C level fighters, but once he steps up and fights a top SMW, he'll get exposed IMO. I think Bika would knock Rodriguez out inside 8 rounds. I think he'd get dominated and possibly stopped late by Ward, stopped by Dirrell, stopped by Froch and Kessler, and he MIGHT have a chance against Bute, but that's it. I just can't see him beating any top SMW's.

Hey, I could be wrong, but I personally think the guy is more hype then substance when it really comes down to it.
        That all true, but you'd struggle to find 10 better smws. The Ring has him in top 10, you can't complain too much about it when they got Stieglitz at 2, prospects like Oosthuisen at 4, George Groves at 6!

Comment

Bika is a very tough underrated fighter. Don't see Froch taking this fight being that it's all risk with very little reward.

Comment

I like Bika so i wouldn't mind seeing this and he's more deserving than Pavlik.

I actually suggested Pavlik vs Bika as an eliminator for a Froch fight.

Anyways if it comes off, fun fight but Bika never makes it at the highest level, Froch by UD 117-113

Comment

BIKA can beat FROCH,but obviously in NOTTINGHAM judges can make the difference.

Comment

Iv'e got alot of respect for Bika, he comes to fight and never gives his opponent an easy time.
                Can't see Froch's team taking the fight though as its a kind of high-risk, low-reward fight. I see Froch winning but wont look pretty in doing so.

Someone mentioned Pavlik - Bika, id really like to see that fight. If Froch faces Oosthuizen as rumoured (instead of Pavlik), then i think Pavlik - Bika is a very good fight to make.

Comment

i always wanted this fight. would be a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
                    I like Bika so i wouldn't mind seeing this and he's more deserving than Pavlik.

I actually suggested Pavlik vs Bika as an eliminator for a Froch fight.

Anyways if it comes off, fun fight but Bika never makes it at the highest level, Froch by UD 117-113
                    Bika would maul Pavlik.

Comment

This is genuinely one of my dream fights from a few years ago and both men have improved since then, especially Carl.

It will be a blast.

Froch wins in the end due to superior boxing skill and his ability to be rangy when he wants to. But Sakio will winding up punches from his ankles all night.

Comment

Working...
                      X