No announcement yet.

Rome is Burning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome is Burning

Jim Rome just said the Patriots Manny Pacquiao'd the Jets Margarito, and said a ref should have stopped this game just as a ref should have stopped the fight...

Mainstream!!!!

Rome has always discussed the marquee fights in boxing, you act like this is a big deal.

Comment

This is becoming a meme in society lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
        Rome has always discussed the marquee fights in boxing, you act like this is a big deal.
        its not discussing the fights

its comparing something like a HUGE MNF matchup to a recent fight that is the big deal IMO

Comment

Originally posted by CassiusClaymore View Post
          its not discussing the fights

its comparing something like a HUGE MNF matchup to a recent fight that is the big deal IMO
          You act like boxing is so marginalized it never even merits a mention. Rome made the reference because he includes boxing, especially marquee events, in his sports talk. Anyone who watches Rome or any other sports media, which assuredly covered and discussed the event, will be familiar with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
            You act like boxing is so marginalized it never even merits a mention. Rome made the reference because he includes boxing, especially marquee events, in his sports talk. Anyone who watches Rome or any other sports media, which assuredly covered and discussed the event, will be familiar with it.
            i dont watch a lot of Rome, when he came to ESPN i was kind of done with him....

i only bring it up because... the regular shows like ATH and PTI only really talk about the major fights when they happen...

i was simply pleasantly surprised that he used such a current fight to relate to an NFL beatdown....

im loving the fact that "Pacquio'd" is becoming a verb in major sports coverage... and not just for Manny's sake but for boxing's sake....

Comment

Working...
            X