• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Sr. -" I don't think Pacquiao is a good fighter"

Article by
    Peter Czymbor
    09 May 2009

Trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. joined the 8countnews.com podcast recently to discuss his fighter, Ricky Hatton, being KO’d within two rounds by Manny Pacquiao last Saturday, the tension within Hatton’s camp leading up to the fight, a potential showdown between his son Floyd Jr. and Pacquiao and his thoughts on opposing trainer Freddie Roach following the fight.

In this exclusive interview. Mayweather claims that Hatton not following their game plan and training on the side with Team Hatton member Lee Beard are to blame for the loss.

“You got to listen to your corner, simple as that. And like I said once before there was turmoil in the camp.” Mayweather says.

According to Mayweather, the turmoil was Lee Beard giving Hatton additional training sessions outside of theirs.

He goes on to explain the turmoil saying, “It showed up in the fight. Not because of me. It showed u in the fight because he had another person training him when I wasn’t around and sometimes when I was around”

“He guided Ricky in the wrong way”, says Mayweather.

On the topic of a Mayweather Jr. – Pacquiao clash down the road, he favors his son to win and even goes as far as saying that, “I don’t think Manny Pacquiao is a good fighter”.

On the topic of Pacquaio trainer Freddie Roach who he has referred to in interviews as Freddie “The Joke Coach” Roach and “The Cocharoach”, he talks about the respect he has for Roach putting all his effort into boxing despite suffering from Parkinson’s disease, much like Mayweather trains fighters while ailing from sarcoidosis.

However, he then adds.

“Do I think Freddie Roach is a good trainer? No.”

-The entire interview can be heard in the podcast section of 8countnews.com-
    Last edited by ThunderWolf; 05-09-2009, 07:58 AM.

Wow, big surprise.

Comment

sr is all mouth, no thought behind it

Comment

Floyd Sr is such a ****. Roach is 10x the coach he is.

Comment

the mayweathers got plenty of humility...

Comment

does anybody know when was the last pink floyd sr trained somebody who won? what year was it? and who was it?

Comment

let's ask roger what he thinks about floyd sr. and freddie......

Comment

floyd is just deluded. his fighter got knocked out easily in 2 rounds
                why waste your time he's riding off of his son's name and that's it

Comment

no class. i can understand all the talkin before leading up to the fight. but your fighter lost, give respect to tthe other fighter and his corner, man the **** up.

Comment

I don't think you're a respectable human being Floyd Sr.

Comment

Working...
                    X