No announcement yet.

Why is GGG always overlooked brushed under the mat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    at people turning this into a Floyd thread. Get fucking lost with that idiocy, there's already too many threads about him as it is.

Problem with GGG is that while he does appear to be a really good, dangerous fighter, he's in his early 30s and has yet to be tested but gets hyped up like he's this unstoppable rampaging beast. For one reason or another he hasn't been able to get good fights. I think he has the potential to be great but someone has to find a way to get him fights with better opposition before he winds up wasting his career.
    The fact he has been a champion for 13 fights in a row (I think) and nobody has came close to testing him is testament in its own right and proof he is no joke, he has held a world title for a very long time!
    SURELY he can't of ducked all the hard challenges?
    That is mathematically impossible not unless people are looking at the easier routes for a world title choosing not to go for his titles...

The old myth of fighting in America was to go over there and look damn good whilst doing it i.e. Yanks love knock-outs and he delivers whoever he faces so far, what's not to like?
    People are asking him to test himself yet some people expect an apparently untested fighter to jump miles upon miles and fight what was the number 2 ranked best fighter in the world?
    Get the **** outta here lmao.

*Edit -

He also didn't do what alot of Americans hate European fighters doing and by that I mean taking his titles back to Europe and forcing fighters to come to him, stop the unjust hate.
    Last edited by M Bison; 06-11-2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      The fact he has been a champion for 13 fights in a row (I think) and nobody has came close to testing him is testament in its own right and proof he is no joke, he has held a world title for a very long time!
      That is mathematically impossible not unless people are looking at the easier routes for a world title choosing not to go for his titles...

The old myth of fighting in America was to go over there and look damn good whilst doing it i.e. Yanks love knock-outs and he delivers whoever he faces so far, what's not to like?
      People are asking him to test himself yet some people expect an apparently untested fighter to jump miles upon miles and fight what was the number 2 ranked best fighter in the world?

*Edit -

He also didn't do what alot of Americans hate European fighters doing and by that I mean taking his titles back to Europe and forcing fighters to come to him, stop the unjust hate.
      It's not about ducking. Not sure where you read that. Like you really jumped out the window here.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post

I'm not in favor of him moving up to fight Ward, at least not at his first fight at 168, which is what I believe you're referring to. One should always test the waters at a new weight, and second, he technically wouldn't deserve a shot at Ward for first fight at that weight anyway.

Comment

All European fighters get HATED on unjustifiably in this forum

Comment

It's the GGG fans, they alienate people by saying things people don't like. I'm not going to elaborate on that. I support GGG and want him to prove people wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X