No announcement yet.

Michael Koncz: Pacquiao considering promoting himself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Koncz: Pacquiao considering promoting himself

This article talks about some BS regarding arum mentioning a possible martinez-pac fight. Which, I think would never happen. But a little. Further down it mentions Michael Koncz discussing that Pacquiao is considering promoting himself under the MP promotions banner and partnering with others for his fights. But they are still considering extending as well. So who knows.. Hope they're smart enough to not extend... Really don't wanna see anymore pac-jmm or pac-bradley. Other then provod, don't really have an interest in any other TR options for pac... And arum throwing some BS about Martinez which he'd never do!

Article is from THE RING MAGAZINE

http://******.craveonline.com/news/3...pacquiao-fight

Please be true!!

Comment

Smart move..any promoter would be happy to work with Manny on a fight to fight basis.
      Bring on Garcia-Pac. Pac-Broner.Pac-Mayweather? Doubt that one lol.

Comment

Better move, put some competition into who promotes his next fight. HBO won't care as long as they get a piece in it

Comment

This is good news. Why the hell other fighters don't this is beyond me. Canelo,khan,chavez jr ,hopkins big names like this should never get into a long term. Fight by fight basis to maximize ure earnings. Like cotto

Comment

i really hope pacquiao does this.

Comment

Michael Konz it's always full of it, hopefully it's true and Pacquiao begins to promote himself though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
                Michael Konz it's always full of it, hopefully it's true and Pacquiao begins to promote himself though.
                Good point ... I was thinking the same thing about koncz when reading this. BUT I do hope there's some truth behind this.

Comment

Yeah .....

Arum: Manny, that's a good idea. Go ahead and be on your own, that's great.

Arum: But before you go Manny, here's something I want you to do for me -- Just sign this extended contract with the stipulation that Arum remains in a functional role of being Pac's adviser and Kontz remains in a functional role of second adviser.

Kontz: Arum, that brilliant!!!! This way Manny, we'll always be there to look out for you and make sure you're taken care of.

Arum: Yes, it makes sense! And here's the best part Manny, I'll only ask for 20% of your revenue and an additional 8.5% if the revenue exceeds 1million.

Arum: Now that a great deal Manny, I'm going to look after you -- That's why the fee is reduced from the normal 30% off the top.

Kontz: Yeah, Manny that's the way to go, we'll still be there to make sure nobody screws over you.

Arum: Damn right Kontz .... I'll be damned if I'm gonna let any fuck over you Manny, I'm proud of you!

Arum: Kontz, go get that new contract ... you know! The one I had drawn up for Manny to be a Free-Agent ....

Arum & Kontz: Just sign this and you'll be a free agent from now on Manny -- And here's what we have in mind for your next fight!

Comment

I could see Manny doing the Floyd fight then going back to TR after that and finishing his career. I'm pretty sure he wants to fight Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X