Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will froch go down as a all time great...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he beats them in rematches and If he sticks around a couple more years at the top of the game then he will be a very strong candidate. To get that ATG status, you not only have to beat the top dogs, but in reality you also need some longevity at the top, or be so good when at the top none of his peers could even compete (best of a generation kind of deal).

He has some good wins, but history books look for that top guy before applying that tag to a name. You really have to forget about the ABC belts and concentrate on who the top dog is. Right now that is Ward. If Ward can stick around the next few years while keeping that status, in which he could even be allowed a loss or two, but avenging them and reaching the top again, then he will get in there.

Comment

No chance. Carl froch is technically poor to say the least. Some people ask stupid questions.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfGirl View Post
        Wow. You are right.

Can you think of ANY ATG that have avenged all their defeats? It takes a special special fighter to avenge all his defeats. I'm trying to think of who actually did such a feat.

No shame to Froch if he can't avenge all his defeats.

It will be cool to have a list of ATG'S who have avenged all their defeats.

Even dating back to their Olympic defeats.
        Lennox Lewis?

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          No chance. Carl froch is technically poor to say the least. Some people ask stupid questions.
          Jesus the guy did say hypothetically.

Get down from your high horse.
          Last edited by P4P_No1; 11-22-2012, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
            I'm a massive Froch fan, but he will only go down as an ATG if he manages to avenge his defeat to Ward, and i just can't see him beating him with his style. His only chance is to go all out & try and hurt Ward early. Definately a HOF'er though, and easily a British ATG.
            I agree with you, and I am not a Froch fan.

It's refreshing to read unbiased comments from "massive fans"

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
              Jesus the guy did say hypothetically.

Get down from your high horse.
              I'm not arsed. Carl froch could beat every number 1 ranked fighter in every division and he still wouldn't be an atg.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                I'm not arsed. Carl froch could beat every number 1 ranked fighter in every division and he still wouldn't be an atg.
                Haters gonna hate.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                  Haters gonna hate.
                  Typical response. I don't even hate froch. I hate idiots that try to say froch is in some way an atg. Back to reality...

Comment

Yes. Froch for me is already a top-10 all-time super-middleweight, beat Kessler and Ward and he'd be P4P top 5 and an all-time-great. Whether it happens is another thing. I think he's a favourite to beat Kessler, but not Ward. The good thing is that Froch will always want to fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                      Good post mate, i agree with every word. Ward should come to England, it would help towards his legacy as an ATG if he beats up Froch in front of his home fans, something that nobody has done so far. Imagine the props he would get if he knocked out the Cobra in Nottingham? I don't think that would happen though, wide points victory is more likely.
                      I think Ward is a great fighter, just quite boring, but if he came to Nottingham and knocked Froch out in front of 30,000 fans then he will have made a statement that he could only make fighting away from home and the media coverage and press he would get, aside of all the respect from peers would do wonders for his career and legcay

Comment

Working...
                      X