Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luis named Cornwall’s Ambassador of the Year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luis named Cornwall’s Ambassador of the Year!

Cornwall, Ontario (February 24, 2014) – Lightweight contender Tony “Lightning” Luis is Cornwall’s Ambassador of the Year.

Luis, who is 17-2 with 7 knockouts, received the award from the Cornwall Chamber of Commerce and gained fans worldwide following his gutsy performance versus Ivan Redkach January 17 on the Showtime Network. Against Redkach, one of boxing’s best young fighters, Luis pressed the action and exposed flaws in his foe’s style. Unfortunately, the likable 26-year-old had to deal with a poor job by Referee Randy Phillips and questionable judging, dropping a competitive decision.

Outside of the ring, the well-spoken Ontario native is equally as accomplished. In 2010, he graduated from St. Lawrence College with a police foundation degree and currently works full-time with handicapped children and adults. He also volunteers regularly in his community, most recently participating in an anti-bullying campaign with the local Boys & Girls Club.

“My community has been tremendous,” Luis said of Cornwall. “I’m extremely grateful and to be named am ambassador is very humbling. I really enjoy helping others and I’m living my dream. My plan is to give back as much as I can whenever possible throughout the community. Hopefully my next fight can be close to my hometown because I’ve got great support here and Cornwall means everything to me!”

Luis next fight will be announced shortly.
Working...
X