Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerald McClellan vs Joe calzaghe at 168, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    He came into the fight with a condition, and was internally bleeding from the second round on, hence him having his mouth open and blinking all the time. He also put a beating on Benn. I don't think yo know about Gerald, he had never been hurt in a fight once, and he was Thomas Hearns sparring partner, and used to beat on Hearns.
    The youtube video of them sparring in 1990 shows a bigger Hearns not really trying against the very young McClellan.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
      Do you jack off to watching "Prime B-Hop"?

It's always the same, James Toney, Roy Jones Jr, Bernard Hopkins... Calzaghe is always sold short on polls when Afro American fighters are mentioned, it's just a fact deal with it.
      Calzaghe either never fought, had contreversal fights that could have gone either way, or got busted up and almost KTFO by 40+ year old versions of those fighters. One way past his prime, and one shot to the point of no return. So how exactly does that show that Calzaghe could contest with these guys and have a shot at winning while they were in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
        The youtube video of them sparring in 1990 shows a bigger Hearns not really trying against the very young McClellan.
        They're are many other reports of closed door intense sparrign between the two.

Comment

McClellan's worked rate dropped pretty quickly. I agree with the poster who said that if Calzaghe made it out of the first round he'd go on to win.

Comment

Calzaghe either never fought, had contreversal fights that could have gone either way, or got busted up and almost KTFO by 40+ year old versions of those fighters. One way past his prime, and one shot to the point of no return. So how exactly does that show that Calzaghe could contest with these guys and have a shot at winning while they were in their prime.
            Calzaghe was never close to being knocked out by Hopkins and was just rattled by a forearm shot from Jones. Calzaghe was past his prime clearly in both fights too.

Comment

Multiple choice, motherfucker! I wanted option 6 too.

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
              got battered by Benn
              Got rabbit punched for 10 rounds, you mean. Not to mention he was winning and making Benn look silly in there.

Comment

I got Calzaghe by UD.

Comment

They're are many other reports of closed door intense sparrign between the two.
                  True.

I'm just speaking from what I've seen.

Comment

He came into the fight with a condition, and was internally bleeding from the second round on, hence him having his mouth open and blinking all the time. He also put a beating on Benn. I don't think yo know about Gerald, he had never been hurt in a fight once, and he was Thomas Hearns sparring partner, and used to beat on Hearns.
                    Not to mention he beat Roy Jones in the amateurs!

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                      Multiple choice, motherfucker! I wanted option 6 too.

Got rabbit punched for 10 rounds, you mean. Not to mention he was winning and making Benn look silly in there.
                      He was also having a brain bleed from the second round on. Sad the incompitent doctors and ref couldn't tell from his consistant trembling, maybe he would have been operated on in time.

Comment

Working...
                      X