Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Geale - an example of what is wrong with Australian boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'll be back View Post
    The problem our sport has is hardcore fans like you are tight arses

And whats with the ULT thing?
    Yeah, if you really think that you have no clue at all.

The key to the sport growing is offering a competitive product to sports fans that are not hardcore boxing fans. The way to do that is not by charging people $50 every time Daniel Geale fights. I'd say pretty much everybody here recognises that aside from you.

Comment

You can buy this card for $39.95 if you have Foxtel or Optus. By Australian standards this is a very, very good card. If you have ever forked out for a lousy Mundine/Green card, then you should fork out for this as well.

Is it worth spending $40 for a card of this quality? Maybe. You can certainly buy much better international cards for an equivalent or cheaper price. If you don't think this much money is justified, don't buy it.

At the end of the day, there are a couple of respectable international opponents fighting. They don't come here for nothing, and without the backing of a HBO or a Showtime the promoters don't really have a choice in charging so much. If you want to see good foreign fighters fighting in this country, you'll have to pay for the privilege.

Or you can watch it at the pub...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post

The key to the sport growing is offering a competitive product to sports fans that are not hardcore boxing fans. The way to do that is not by charging people $50 every time Daniel Geale fights. I'd say pretty much everybody here recognises that aside from you.
        How are you going to do that Dan?

Magic dan land again, all of a sudden promoters are going to dump $100,000's per show and put on great cards for free...you are living in dream land buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Underrated Jab View Post
          Yeah paying $50 everytime Geale fights is a rip off. But......

This is a pretty damn good card. You have Daniel Geale vs Roman Karmazin, who is coming off a draw with current IBF champ Sebastian Sylvester, & Geale who is Ring Rated and has only lost 1 out of 24.

Aswell as this, you also have another world title elimenator between unbeaten puncher Leonardo Zappavigna & fellow big puncher Ji-Hoon Kim. This has the making of a war.....

Not much, but also former world title challager's Shannon Taylor & Jamie Pittman apperar on the bill to.

I think this card is worth buying, if you got any extra cash going

Its worth going to the pub to watch

Comment

How many fox cards get purchased around the world dan?

Story on main page says this fight will be watched around the world by up to 150,000,000 people....guess it's nothing out of the normal for Australia
            Last edited by I'll be back; 10-23-2010, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
              Billy Dib should have blown up in Australia by now, he is the closest thing to "Aussie Ricky Hatton".

Plus his division is stacked.

Billy "i refuse to lose" Dib (he lost) is a clown. Mundine, Green and Geale are clowns too. They are all too happy to suckle off the teet of an uneducated aussie boxing public. Mundine and Green should have moved to the US to ply their craft a long time ago. They should be trying to creat buzz and attract fans in the US. The Aussie fans will always be there. I don't think they realise if they are legitimised in the eyes of the US boxing world it only enhances their domestic appeal. Ask Kostya Tszyu.

Comment

Daniel Geale is one of the best fighters we have at the moment. He has established himself in the Ring's Top 10 at 160 pounds. He is probably our fourth best fighter and our best "local" fighter.

Having said that there is no way Dan Geale is at the level necessary to be solely a PPV fighter. When was the last time you didn't have to pay $50 to watch Geale fight? March 2009? A year and a half ago?

His best wins are what? Dawson and Kariuki? How does this constitute a PPV fighter? I accept that the exposure that the likes of Green and Mundine have received mean that they are exclusively PPV fighters. I don't necessarily like it but I accept it and when they fight reasonable opposition I typically buy the card, but Daniel Geale?

Note that I like Geale and have supported him in all his fights, but it is just ridiculous that Geale v [insert opponent] is now a $50 event.

There is no way the sport can develop any further in this country with this stuff going on. To be honest I see it retracting if anything. What's next? Lenny Zapp to only fight on PPV cards?

What did you think of Geale vs Mundine?? Who won it in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  What did you think of Geale vs Mundine?? Who won it in your opinion?
                  I thought Mundine just did enough, but it was very close.

I think Daniel would win a rematch. I like Daniel Geale, I just wish he would fight on normal Fox cards more often.

Comment

I thought Mundine just did enough, but it was very close.

I think Daniel would win a rematch. I like Daniel Geale, I just wish he would fight on normal Fox cards more often.

I also thought Mundine won. I thought his punches were (for the most part) cleaner and more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                      I also thought Mundine won. I thought his punches were (for the most part) cleaner and more effective.
                      When Geale was working hard he was getting the better of it I thought.

If they were to fight again I could see Geale taking a pretty comfortable decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X