Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
    still picking Martinez right now
    but closer fight night gets, leaning more toward Chavez
    just don't see why Martinez is expected to outright destroy him
    he's a better fighter, but Chavez isn't a a pushover
    he's just too big for Martinez to walk through him
    even a decision win, which is the pick, should be a competitive one
    This matchup somehow reminds me of Cotto-Pacquaio. Everybody was saying Cotto is the bigger man and Manny will have a hard time holding him off. In retrospective, Cotto did just that in the first rounds, but Manny adjusted and got a convincing TKO. Same will happen in this bout, Chavez will establish himself in the earlier rounds, but Martinez will adjust (he is a smart and slick fighter) and will be very fast to avoid the sweeping punches of Chavez (Yes, he swings wide). Martinez will win I think, but still in a very competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
      Max Kellerman is one of the smartest people in boxing, easily. When has he complained about a decision that wasn't warranted?
      He's up there with Monte Cox, Luckett Davis, Jimmy Connor and Tracy Callis in terms of boxing knowledge and they are twice his age. He's also a member of the IBRO and if you guys know anything about that, you know that org is full of old ass men who are on their death bed, but know everything about boxing from their time and now.

People might not like Max for his commentary, but he knows more about the history of the sport than any active commentator today, Atlas included.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post

that made no sense musha

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
              that made no sense musha

WTF? I'm no Mushahadeen haha, if your reading this Musha, comeback... this place will be great for us in the "Dinero de Vaca Mafia" after Julio destroys Maravagina.

Also Alx, I know you want some...

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post
                WTF? I'm no Mushahadeen haha, if your reading this Musha, comeback... this place will be great for us in the "Dinero de Vaca Mafia" after Julio destroys Maravagina.

Also Alx, I know you want some...

i'm good mate, he's back saw him post a few days ago , get ready for chavez to lick the sweat off the canvas

Comment

Already put my money on Sergio. I could analyze this match-up for days, but we'll only know what happens once they meet in the ring.

Comment

It is Sergio's fight to lose, not Jr's fight to win. Sergio is faster, more skilled, hits harder and has more experience. If Sergio stays off the ropes and doesn't let Jr. bull him into the ropes and corners and rough him up, he wins. However, there is no way Arum lets Jr. lose a decision, there is too much $$ to be made. Sergio is not a draw, not a household or popular name so no way Sergio gets a decision win. If Sergio beats Jr. around and wins every round, he will either get robbed or it will be a draw. Sergio has no choice but to take chances and either stop Jr. or knock him down a few times, which would not give the judges the opportunity to flub the scorecards that much. Jr. has to be set to punch and plant his feet and his only real punch is the left hook to the body. That could be a problem because Sergio is a southpaw so his body is closer to be touched. However, the way Sergio fights with arms down and leaning down, chin forward, Jr. may not have many opportunities to go to the body. Sergio has a solid chin and I do not see Jr. stopping him so. I think the only 2 possibilities for this fight are 1- Sergio by stoppage or 2-Jr. by decision. Jr. will be so much bigger in the ring so it will be a rough night either way for Sergio. As I said a bunch of times before though, if Jr. walks through Sergio or takes him out by stoppage, get the blood tests ready because there is no way in hell Jr. is not on something. He is trained by Roach so that is already a reason to check his blood lol.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                      He's up there with Monte Cox, Luckett Davis, Jimmy Connor and Tracy Callis in terms of boxing knowledge and they are twice his age. He's also a member of the IBRO and if you guys know anything about that, you know that org is full of old ass men who are on their death bed, but know everything about boxing from their time and now.

People might not like Max for his commentary, but he knows more about the history of the sport than any active commentator today, Atlas included.
                      Wow, thank you for the comment.

I didn't know about IBRO, but I did some brief research. The member list doesn't list him as a member (http://www.ibroresearch.com/?page_id=30), but you're right about his extensive knowledge.

I, for one, am glad that he is a part of the HBO crew.

Comment

Working...
                      X