No announcement yet.

Has Canelo's Learning Process and Growth Been Hampered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    I understand your point but Canelo could be fighting cotto now, then kirkland, angalo etc then fight floyd when floyd is old, same with serg,

Loss to floyd will only make canelo better but in terms of $$$$ a loss will prevent him for getting manny/floyd/oscar/tyson money
    He will be 44-1 and getting paid 5-8 million or be undefeated at 25 and earning 20 mil a fight

Boxing perspective you are right, from a financial point of view, he is costing himself tens of millions of dollars down the road
    It's possible that Canelo wouldn't be able to make 154 in May/September of next year. I see Canelo moving up to 160 in 2014-2015, and I think that's one reason why Floyd/Canelo is happening ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      It's possible that Canelo wouldn't be able to make 154 in May/September of next year. I see Canelo moving up to 160 in 2014-2015, and I think that's one reason why Floyd/Canelo is happening ASAP.
      Canelo will be a very small MW. he is only like 5'8..
      I think he is one of those rare fighters that can dominate one weight class but moving up would be trouble..
      Just like hatton, or tsyzu or even hagler..

Some guys are just designed perfectly fo rone weight class.. No shame in it as long as they fight all comers at that weight..

Kid Chocolate would bring the pain to canelo..imo

But no doubt he will move up for a serg fight, but dont linger to long at 160.. Guys are much bigger there and his power wont be as effective

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Canelo will be a very small MW. he is only like 5'8..
        I think he is one of those rare fighters that can dominate one weight class but moving up would be trouble..
        Just like hatton, or tsyzu or even hagler..

Some guys are just designed perfectly fo rone weight class.. No shame in it as long as they fight all comers at that weight..

Kid Chocolate would bring the pain to canelo..imo

But no doubt he will move up for a serg fight, but dont linger to long at 160.. Guys are much bigger there and his power wont be as effective
        If we're talking about height/reach, then he's well-suited for 154. However, he rehydrated to 167 against Mosley and 171 against Trout. He's beginning to out-grow the weight class and as such, will find it difficult to stay there without draining himself. I'm not sure how much Quillin rehydrates, but he's definitely a tall MW.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 06-02-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

If/When Canelo loses I see him saying making weight was an issue (which I believe he struggles to make 154 since he is still growing). And he moves us to 160.

In case anyone wants to argue puberty/growing finishes usually round mid 20's.

Comment

Yeah whos idea is it to throw a 23 year old in with Mayweather lol

Comment

Working...
            X