Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better movie? Better Role? Forrest Gump or Taxi Driver?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better movie? Better Role? Forrest Gump or Taxi Driver?

Although these movies are world's apart and they're 20 years apart, which do you enjoy more and why? Anyone can vote but I'd prefer people who actually watched both movies. I think both are very different in their own sense but both Bickle and Gump are lonely characters (although not nearly as lonely as Bickle in Taxi Driver played by De Niro) and they both try to find who they really are. Taxi driver was nominated for 4 Oscars, while Gump won 6 Oscars yet the IMDB rating for Taxi Driver is 8.6 and Gump is 8.5. Take your pick...

Also, who played an overall better role. Robert De Niro playing Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver or Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump as Forrest Gump. Although I've only recently seen Taxi Driver not too long ago, I prefer Forrest Gump a tad bit because it was a movie I watched when I was much younger and remember it very well. De Niro is my favourite actor but I would probably give the slight edge to the movie Forrest Gump. Picking a role is hard because although I enjoyed the movie Forrest Gump more, the perfomance by both was brilliant and countless actors including Bill Murray and John Travolta turned down the role of Forrest.
    Taxi Driver for better movie
    26.67%
    Forrest Gump for better movie
    26.67%
    Robert De Niro as Travis Bickle for better role
    33.33%
    Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump for better role
    13.33%

I think Forrest Gump was a better movie but DeNiro's character was a better role and acting job. Forrest was a pretty monotone character and wasn't really dynamic which makes his juxtaposition with dynamic events in history all the more interesting.

Comment

I'll go with bob.

Comment

im a HUGE deniro fan...love his work and taxi driver is one of the best films IMO

BUT

you dont beat a half-******ed redneck that goes all over the world and lives THAT kind of life

Forrest SD12 Taxi Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          im a HUGE deniro fan...love his work and taxi driver is one of the best films IMO

BUT

you dont beat a half-******ed redneck that goes all over the world and lives THAT kind of life

Forrest SD12 Taxi Driver
          LOL that's loosely my take on it too...

Comment

Taxi Driver for better movie and better role.

Forest Gump is one of the most overrated movies ever...

Comment

I'm just after watching taxi driver for the first time , it's a good film.

Comment

I have never seen Forrest Gump from beginning to end, I've seen it on a few times on TV, and I tried to follow it, but it was always so dull to me, or maybe I just always came in at the wrong time where you need to see from beginning to understand it.

Comment

Taxi Driver is a better movie, and De Niro KO1 over that Forrest Gump ****. Overrated **** movie.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
                    Taxi Driver is a better movie, and De Niro KO1 over that Forrest Gump ****. Overrated **** movie.
                    You're entitled to your opinion but I would be interested in understanding how you critique a movie. What was so **** about it?

Comment

Working...
                    X