Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple casualties in Texas fertilizer plant explosion...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marathon bombing, ricin letters to politicians, fatal explosion, etc.

It's hard to believe it's all unrelated, but we'll have to wait and see.

R.I.P to the dead.

Comment

50,000 gallons of Anhydrous Ammonia was kept on-site i've read, explains the quarantine then...
      A healthy worker can be exposed for 30 minutes without suffering irreversible health effects but any longer is bad news.
      Exposure to very high concentrations of gaseous ammonia can result in acute lung damage and death.
      Ammonia solutions aren't so bad as our bodies can pass it in urine etc, but due to the fire its in a gaseous state and no longer a solution, that's the hitch.

Comment

I'm not even American but it's been a fukin depressing week so far hearing all this bad news, cruel fukin world.

Comment

USGS registered Texas explosion as a 2.1 magnitude seismic event, USGS tells #CNN

Comment

Now reporting people still trapped in homes but can't be reached due to toxic chemicals....
            Weather not looking good tomorrow for the entire area. High winds and storms are going to make rescue and evacuations more broad and difficult.

Thursday forecast for Waco.

Overcast with thunderstorms and rain showers in the morning, then mostly cloudy. High of 72F. Breezy. Winds from the NW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80% with rainfall amounts near 0.7 in. possible.

Still listening to police/fire scanners **** still hitting the fan as i type, its fukin morbid man....

Comment

Seems like an industrial disaster. Fire at the plant, combustible product....

Sad times globally.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                Seems like an industrial disaster. Fire at the plant, combustible product....

Sad times globally.
                Yup it looks that way, but add the weather forecast to the local chemical issue, might get worse, i pray it doesn't.

Comment

They say it's an accident, but that will be very hard for people to believe. This is a very rough week, all my sympathies to everyone involved.
                  Last edited by bojangles1987; 04-18-2013, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Watching CNN right now, this is pretty devastating.

Comment

I pretty much followed it as it happened on the police/fire scanners,twitter and whatever cnn where pumping out live. I'm uk so haven't gone to bed stayed up all through with my mouth wide-open in shock, it just got worse and worse, hopefully it will be contained asap!

Comment

Working...
                      X