Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev: Fighter of the Decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decade is 3/4 over homie.....roman will be fighter of the decade imo, he's ahead atm

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      You're not even trolling are you?
      No sir...

Let him beat stevenson and Ward, and kovalev will be the undisputed king of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        Mayweather: Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Canelo, Maidana, Maidana, Pacquiao, Berto.

So far, it isn't even close. If he keeps on winning, for the next 4 years, and collects wins over Ward and Stevenson an argument could be made.
        They won't be giving it to a boxer who retired halfway through the decade. Unless of course he comes back with a good win or two.

Wins over Ward, Beterbiev to go with his wins over Campillo, Hopkins, Cleverly & Pascal would stand Kovalev in good stead for the award. I doubt Stevenson ever fights him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I think there is a really good chance of the Ward fight happening this year. I also think beiterbeiv fight will happen eventually if they both stay winning..
          Adonis fight- who knows, but it seems like it's now or never and perfect timing for it..

Kovolev's schedule should be

Summer 16 stevenson
          Fall 16 Ward
          Spring 17 tune up
          Summer 17 tune up
          Late 2017 or early 2019 beiterbeiv

Similar to how manny ran the gauntlet of barrera, marquez, morales
          I would love to see it happen.

He is truly one of the biggest talents in boxing right now.

It's hard to picture anyone knocking him off in the next few years.

He's a beast, but a smart beast, which is probably the most dangerous.

Comment

Not right now, no. But guy is pure beast. I never pick against Ward. But even he is in rough against Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              No sir...

Let him beat stevenson and Ward, and kovalev will be the undisputed king of boxing
              Those are big IFs. Firstly, the Adonis fight looks like it's never going to happen. Then, beating Ward is no easy task, I see an ugly fight that could go either way. Beterbiev, same as Stevenson, promotional/network issues. At this point, beating a 50 year old Hopkins, Pascal, and a bunch of other B listers just doesn't even put him in the discussion. And this this coming from a big Kovalev fan.

Comment

no he's not. it's clearly broner the 4 division champ. kovalev has power but broenr has silky smooth boxing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  no he's not. it's clearly broner the 4 division champ. kovalev has power but broenr has silky smooth boxing skills.

Comment

If he could get wins against Stevenson, Ward, and Beterbiev then yes. No one else can come close to that resume.

Comment

even i think kova is a beast and will or would beat those guys given the opportunity, is kinda to soon imo. still, more reasonable than broner fighter of the decade

Comment

Working...
                      X