No announcement yet.

I'm still puzzled as to how Floyd managed to retire undefeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
    Don't make me laugh tanked in thentop 10 p4p how many of those guys were at their best weight ? Let me guess Marquez was a career WW when he fought Floyd right he was ranked in the top p4p..

And let's see my favorite fighters can't replicate such cherry picking why because they actually went and sought out the best ...Hagler Leonard and Duran Holyfield see you challenge yourself you don't awlays win but when you carefully select your opponents you can eventually remain u defeated ..Lets not even mention the guy had yo cheat to do it as well.

And that PPV nonsense is meaningless to me ..I mean the guys I mentioned were not the Ppv stars Floyd was but does that make them inferior to Floyd ? I don't think think so but hey keep reaching though ..
    Thanks.

The guys you mentioned were the kings of their time. Floyd is the king of this era.
    My point from the onset was Pacquiao fans shouldn't try to discredit Floyd's wins because Pacquiao's wins above 135 would be easily discredited with the same criteria.

You're obviously a pac fan because it hit a nerve when I said it hence why you threw on your Pac cape and came to the rescue. Your argument has now shifted to past kings and not Pacquiao which is fine because Floyd should only be compared to those in the golden age of boxing because he's head and shoulders above everyone in this era.

Peace fam

Comment

• Originally posted by lopetego View Post
      by cherrypicking, ducking, avoiding certain styles, avoiding fighters during their prime, having his own referee, imposing diva conditions to his opponents, bribing off USADA, etc
      + PEDS, fighting only on vegas -and That's about it in a nutshell.

Manufactured undefeated B.S.

End thread
      Last edited by Spoon23; 11-20-2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• bump..............

Comment

• Originally posted by saint laurent
          I can understand you wanting to end the thread since the facts are not on your side.

Floyd has never failed a drug test and voluntarily subjected himself to more drug tests than any other fighter.

Vegas is where the biggest fights are held and Floyd was the biggest fighter in the sport. Of course he only fought in Vegas.

Floyd has the best resume of any welterweight in the last ten years. If his resume is manufactured, that means every fighter's resume is not only manufactured as well, but far more manufactured.
          Ether... The ish that makes your soul burn slow

Comment

I can understand you wanting to end the thread since the facts are not on your side.

Floyd has never failed a drug test and voluntarily subjected himself to more drug tests than any other fighter.

Vegas is where the biggest fights are held and Floyd was the biggest fighter in the sport. Of course he only fought in Vegas.

Floyd has the best resume of any welterweight in the last ten years. If his resume is manufactured, that means every fighter's resume is not only manufactured as well, but far more manufactured.
            Lol sure whatever floats your boat

I'm a realist. Floyd has full of holes. That's just the truth. To be the greatest is to have no holes in your résumé. Floyd has tons plus his IV scandal just put all of his manufactured accomplishments out the window. Truth hurts buddy.

Anywhere you go, Floyd has so many ways to poke on his résumé. It's just how it is.. He's good but that's about it. The greats of the game had more to offer.

Too many holes to plug. Sad truth. And he has only himself to blame for it.
            Last edited by Spoon23; 11-20-2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
              Ether... The ish that makes your soul burn slow
              Nasty NAS. That song is a classic.

Comment

• bump.........

Comment

• here is a list of fighters that should of been on that resume that would possibly be a no brainer for floyd's ATG

-casamayor @130
                  -freitas @135
                  -williams @147lbs
                  -margarito @147lbs
                  -mayorga @ 147lbs
                  -forrest @ 147lbs prior to mayorga KO

Comment

• Originally posted by niceguy45 View Post
                    here is a list of fighters that should of been on that resume that would possibly be a no brainer for floyd's ATG

-casamayor @130
                    -freitas @135
                    -williams @147lbs
                    -margarito @147lbs
                    -mayorga @ 147lbs
                    -forrest @ 147lbs prior to mayorga KO
                    he has wins over guys better than this list at the weights you have...also when Mayorga and Forrest ruled 147 Floyd was at 130 and 135...he didn't go to 147 til 2006...mayorga was at 154 by 2004 and Vernon 05

he called out Casamayor and freitas the whole campaign at 130-135, they didn't want none

Mayweather has Corrales and Chicanito at 130

135 Castillo

147 Pac, Mosley, Hatton all hall of famers...don't forget very good fighters he beat at 147

they would've been nice scalps, but he has so many and guys that beat them as well....also fighters who were better
                    Last edited by therealpugilist; 11-20-2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Spoon -

Your entire post is nothing but empty rhetoric. You didn't address a single point I made and instead responded with meaningless double talk and innuendo.

Look at every fighter Floyd fought from 2006-2015 in order (I posted the list) and let us know which welterweight has a better resume during those ten years.

You can't.

I am not claiming that Floyd is the greatest of all time. I personally find those kinds of fantasy arguments to be silly, although as quickly as humans evolve, as quickly as training and nutrition evolve, as quickly as recovery evolves, I also find it silly to think that the best from 1985 would have any chance in hell against the best from 2015. So people should be judged on what they accomplished IN THEIR ERA. Nobody accomplished more than Floyd in his era.

You say repeatedly that Floyd has holes, but didn't bother to specify a single one and whatever holes he has, every other fighter had more holes.

As for the "IV scandal," it's a fantasy that haters have created in their head. Like 9/11 truthers.

IV use is 100% legal in Nevada. Boxers and MMA fighters use IVs every single week in Nevada. Floyd did nothing wrong.
                      Read 24 pages of it in here were in rational fans pointed it out already and go to Floyd IV gate thread regarding why 750ml is illegal for USADA nsac, wada etc..

Just read the essence of what I said it's just how it is.. He could have done more but he chose the easy road.

Greatness don't take the easy road.
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 11-20-2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X