Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters best at mixing defense with their offense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    on the contrary, I like Marquez. hes fun to watch, exciting, and puts together excellent combinations. Im just realistic about him. Ive seen a number of his fights, and defense flat out is not something I would ever associate with him.

First off, Marquez was not on the offensive agaisnt Pacquiao. he was primarily counter punching. whenever he came forward, he got hit, simple as that. and the reason Marquez is able to stifle Pacquiao's offense is definitely not his defense, but his counter punching. PAcs offense comes from his legs primarily, and he has a lot of forward momentum when attacking. this makes Marquez's counter punches even more effective, and makes Pacquiao more reluctant to go on the attack. incidently, Marquez got ****ed up bad in both the Pacquiao fights, the reason they were so close is because he gave back just as much.
    Chavez, not so much. outworked yes. but he wasnt getting his butt kicked, and for Taylor it was the norm for him to land around 400 punches on his opponent if it went 12 rounds. McGirt was very arguably more difficult to hit than any opponent Pacquiao has fought, and yet Taylor's offense wasnt slowed at all by McGirt. Pacquiao's offense is often limited if the opponent fights defensively or in particular uses footwork or different distances.
    You make interesting points, I will get back to this one tomorrow.

Comment

Toney is about the purest fighter of this type you'll find.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
        Toney is about the purest fighter of this type you'll find.
        I like the way that him and Duran leaned with their punches. They through a right and then lean to there left and slip the incoming counter.

Comment

Working...
        X