Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith OVERHYPED NO TIME Thurman (Most Overrated Boxer Ever).

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Thurman is 'overhyped", yet he still hasn't gotten the attention Broner was getting before he even moved up to welterweight? Give me a break!

Thurman is not overhyped. He's getting the attention he deserves (probably still not getting enough) because he impresses in every fight he's in. In addition to that, Thurman has made it clear that he wants to fight the big names out there and is not afraid to let go of his 0. He mixes good boxing abilities with knockout power, which puts on some pretty good matches. You'd think boxing fans would actually want this instead of a boxer who has a co^ky attitude, bragging about their 0 and disrespecting their opponents.

You guys talk about his resume and who he has and hasn't beaten yet, ignoring the fact that the reason it's like that is because some boxers keep ducking him. If you say he's going to get expose, then why hasn't it happened yet? Surely, somebody would have had enough guts to expose him and take his 0 but they haven't yet. Maidana? He wanted no part of Thurman but sure didn't hesitate to take on Broner. That tells you something there.

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    I personally don't see anything great about Thurman. He does everything well, but is not outstanding at anything.

Well rounded? yes. Special? no

I personally think Porter would mug him and win a decision. I consider Porter to be a fighter more on a rise, and improving every fight. Thurman is what he is. He will not be a top dog, but will be a slightly lower level.
    Then you must don't even keep up with Thurman's fights, because he's always improving in every fight. Paulie even pointed this out. It's not really fair to rate Porter so highly above Thurman when they're both basically coming up in the same way.

Comment

Stan, why are you so mad? Just try to understand...that I do want you as a fan..

Comment

can't build the resume when noone wants to fight you

Comment

i don't like how thurman says "baby" too much.

Comment

He's unproven but not most overrated. That would be lucas

Comment

Amir khan boxes thurmans ears off

Comment

Originally posted by lalaland View Post
                what's with the thurman hype? I can't believe people are saying mayweather should face him. He is so f***king co^ky prick in his interviews saying how he would destroy mayweather, pacquaio khan porter etc. The guy hasn't done jack ****.

Thurman has only beaten garbage cans his best win with all due respect is atg

jesus soto karas

some boxing fans enjoy and are happy about up and comers bro im thinking he will get bigger fights as the years go???

Comment

Originally posted by Lalaland View Post
                  Put him in with Amir Khan, Marcos Maidana, Shawn Porter, Ruslan Provanikov, Lucas Matthysse, Danny Garcia all beat the shi* out of him.

He's giving interviews like how he would Destroy Pacquaio under 3 rounds how he would KO Khan. Unbelievable Pacquaio and Khan jabs the **** out of him.
                  Um im pretty sure Amir gets KTFO by Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by Lalaland View Post
                    Put him in with Amir Khan, Marcos Maidana, Shawn Porter, Ruslan Provanikov, Lucas Matthysse, Danny Garcia all beat the shi* out of him.

He's giving interviews like how he would Destroy Pacquaio under 3 rounds how he would KO Khan. Unbelievable Pacquaio and Khan jabs the **** out of him.
                    He would KO Khan.

As for Porter, his Dad called Thurman a world champion in waiting, he was his coach at amateur level. Refuses to put his son in with him unless the winner gets Floyd.

Provo, Maidana and Matthysse have a puncher's chance, Garcia gets badly beaten.

Comment

He's not overrated. He doesn't deserve to fight Mayweather. He's unproven. He is one of the biggest punchers in the division. He should fight Khan. If he wins, maybe that will eliminate Khan from Floyds shortlist, maybe he then fights Broner as a litmus test for a Money fight. Maybe I'm wrong. I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                      X