No announcement yet.

if every fighter fought out the philly shell would boxing be boring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
    if anyone here that actually boxes has gotten into a street fight, and have not subdued their "opponent" with the greatest of ease, should immediately seek more professional and expensive help. firstly, street fights are beyond silly and stupid, for those people who fight that is, since it is not a test of how tough you are, it is the equivalent of a high school senior giving a 6th grader a wedgie. and the guys that boast about it clearly have no real fighting abilities.

in a street fight, doesnt matter if my hands are up, in the philly shell, peek-a-boo, whatever, I probly wont even realize Im in a street fight cause the ease of domination will barely be an afterthought, since we are TRAINED. lol @ this thread...
    I hear you, but it doesnt always work like that. In my old gym there where two guys who were the top guys. One would always beat the other boxing...but if it came down to a street fighter the other would whoop the better boxer senseless.

The other guy was just an animal outside the ring, he just had an instinct for knocking guys out three at a time, I've seen it with my own eyes. It takes a different kind of person to be a good streetfighter...Street fights have no rules, no regulations, it takes a certain "instinct" to be a good street fighter.....its a wholly different game.

But yea, I think that 8/10 times a trained boxer beats any guy in a street fight...but some guys are just different.

I have a buddy that's huge, 6'2' 260lb (not muscle) and you can hit him on the chin with a baseball bat and he wont even get phased...but the moment he grabs any kind of hold of you, you're done.

Comment

Juanma was using the Philly shell defense in the Salido rematch and was getting ****ed up it's a hard defense to master that's why only a few boxers use it Mayweather Broner Toney more KO's would occur if slower less athletic fighter's like Maidana used the Philly shell defense

Comment

Everyone's referring to how Roy Jones beat james Toney but lets not forget how Jones was one of the fastest of all time.

Who is there to match Broner and Mayweather in terms of speed like that?

Comment

Not everyone can pull off the philly shell, you need certain physical dimensions and attributes to make it work. Just because someone uses it doesn't mean they won't get their ass whupped lol. You also need certain physical attributes and skills to penetrate and exploit this style.

Comment

this thread is highly amusing .....

Comment

Working...
            X