Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it fair to say that the Eye was a big factor in the Matthysse Garcia fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That and the blow blows. :/... But Danny did what he had to do and got the W. Didnt the eye swell by a grazing punch and really only the wrist slightly touched Matty? Lol.

Anyway, fight was decided by a single round so i still wouldnt know who to pick going into a rematch.. Still... lucas seemed to be coming on stronger round by round til the eye. I dont know who wins... For one Danny just lost last night and Lucas hasnt even fought and could himself lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      No that's Danny in my top 5 fav fighters..He's there for a reason too..He has a really good resume..No bias needed to know that..Just eyes..

I never said I would not wanna see it..I'm a boxing head,I'd watch damn near any boxing match..I'm saying Danny never had to give him a rematch,it was a clear victory for Danny..In the end Danny won by like 3 or 4 rds..He could have moved on..That's really my point..People making excuses for Matt's,does not change the fact he was beat clearly by Garcia..The main thing people point to is low blows or Matt's eye..Which the eye was cause by a punch..The low blows were just as bad as the rabbit punches..Once again no bias needed..Just a set of eyes..
      I have a set of eyes as well.. I was studing Herrera fight and was telling people an upset was going to take place. You probably were saying Herera was going to get Ktfo because you have a bias..

Garcia and Matthysse styles mesh well together, because Matthysse is a pretty boy who doesn't like to get hit and weve never really seen him fight anyone with Garcias power.. The first fight was extremely close and Garcia won because of the swelling he caused on Matthysse. Matthysse did very well with 1 eye for 6 rounds and that's why there could be a rematch.

I picked Garcia to win against Mathysse because he was training with B-hop and I knew what tactics he was going to bring to the table, it was still a 50-50 fight because Garcia gets hit ALOT.

rematch would be a 50-50 fight just like the first.

I don't really care if a rematch happens or not but some people act like it was a domination but it was not

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        That and the blow blows. :/... But Danny did what he had to do and got the W. Didnt the eye swell by a grazing punch and really only the wrist slightly touched Matty? Lol.

Anyway, fight was decided by a single round so i still wouldnt know who to pick going into a rematch.. Still... lucas seemed to be coming on stronger round by round til the eye. I dont know who wins... For one Danny just lost last night and Lucas hasnt even fought and could himself lose.
        If you really believe this,then Lucas really does not deserve another shot tbh..How can one rd alter a fight that much??Unless the fighter broke his hand or rolled his ankle or something..I seen fighters fight through worse adversity then that..

Comment

It was 3 rounds to 3 before the eye. Then Garcia proceeded to win every round afterwards. Considering it WAS A PUNCH that caused it why is this even a debate? That's like saying "If he didn't punch him in the face he wouldn't have won."

Comment

Originally posted by KermitTheKiller View Post
            I have a set of eyes as well.. I was studing Herrera fight and was telling people an upset was going to take place. You probably were saying Herera was going to get Ktfo because you have a bias..

Garcia and Matthysse styles mesh well together, because Matthysse is a pretty boy who doesn't like to get hit and weve never really seen him fight anyone with Garcias power.. The first fight was extremely close and Garcia won because of the swelling he caused on Matthysse. Matthysse did very well with 1 eye for 6 rounds and that's why there could be a rematch.

I picked Garcia to win against Mathysse because he was training with B-hop and I knew what tactics he was going to bring to the table, it was still a 50-50 fight because Garcia gets hit ALOT.

rematch would be a 50-50 fight just like the first.

I don't really care if a rematch happens or not but some people act like it was a domination but it was not
            I was not hot or cold on Danny's fight with Herrera,mainly cause I did not understand it..When a fight does not make sense to me I never talk about it unless to say this fight makes very lil sense to me..Go look at my post,I think I have about two post about that fight..Cause I did not think it was a fight that should have happened tbh..So you should not assume things..You'll make an azz of yourself every time..

I've also never acted like Garcia dominated,I do however feel he clearly beat Matt's..Nothing more nothing less..Oh and I would favor Garcia in a rematch..Matt's is not going to improve as a fighter much..I believe Matt's is who he is by now..

Comment

I remember Matt's getting over aggressive and then being turned and rocked..That's how he got in between the ropes if memory serves correct..BTW I'm not looking at the fight right now..

It's a part of boxing as in these things happen in the ring in about every fight..Clashes of heads,low blows kindney punches..It's a fight..The ref's job is to see what is intentional and what is not..I don't believe Garcia did anything intentional in this fight..

Matt's said he wanted a rematch at the end of the fight..Of course he suppose to say that..Then what??Where did he go..He was running off at the mouth before they(Garcia and Matt's)fought..I have not heard anything ,stop it..
              ok well you are wrong. garcia clearly hits him in the back of the head and matthysse stumbles and lands sideways with his head under the top rope. why you think this is a legal move and should be allowed is puzzling.

and i don't believe golota did anything intentional against bowe.

Comment

If you really believe this,then Lucas really does not deserve another shot tbh..How can one rd alter a fight that much??Unless the fighter broke his hand or rolled his ankle or something..I seen fighters fight through worse adversity then that..
                well lets see matthysse was winning the round then garcia scored a knockdown that shouldn't have been allowed since it was a foul that enabled him to score the knockdown. that's a 3 point swing and garcia won by 2 points. math!

Comment

Garcia won the Mattysee fight clearly, at the end of the day Lucas is great to watch but beyond a big punch he is a very strong but pretty ordinary fighter. Garcia was controlling that fight and is the better boxer, the fact he was able to withstand clean power shots from Lucas and come back with more of his own is why he won. Any puncher is in trouble if your opponent has better skills, can take your shots and has a bit of power themselves.
                  The performance that Herrera put on last night would have boxed Mattysee's ears off, whether it was a one off or if he can continue to fight at this level remains to be seen.
                  Garcia was clearly not up for the fight and is a lucky boy to still have his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
                    Garcia won the Mattysee fight clearly, at the end of the day Lucas is great to watch but beyond a big punch he is a very strong but pretty ordinary fighter. Garcia was controlling that fight and is the better boxer, the fact he was able to withstand clean power shots from Lucas and come back with more of his own is why he won. Any puncher is in trouble if your opponent has better skills, can take your shots and has a bit of power themselves.
                    The performance that Herrera put on last night would have boxed Mattysee's ears off, whether it was a one off or if he can continue to fight at this level remains to be seen.
                    Garcia was clearly not up for the fight and is a lucky boy to still have his belt.
                    agreed....

Comment

Here we go again

Comment

Working...
                      X