Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experts Prediction COTTO/MARGARITO II *VIDEO*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I though it was a tossup with a slight edge to Margarito because of the weight. But after seeing the pics of Margarito's prosthetic eye he has no chance vs Cotto. Cotto will beat him up badly and KO him late in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      It's all about whether or not Margarito's eye holds up. If the same Margarito that fought Pacquiao shows up, then Margarito will stop Cotto late again. Am I the only one that thought Margarito looked pretty solid? It was the most competitive shutout I've ever seen, he was just in there with a fighter THAT much better than him.

I can see an Izzy Vazquez thing go down with Margarito eating one to many left hooks and the fight having to be stopped, but if that doesn't happen I think Cotto will be in too deep again. Or if Margarito has regressed significantly since the Pac beatdown which is also possible, than Cotto can probably get a win.
      No, you're not. Margarito gave a good, solid effort and, even though he DIDN'T deserve the fight with Pacquiao given his recent outings at the time, he made up for it in by fighting his heart out and making it to the final bell and never quitting. The man's threshold of pain is beyond comprehension. There were several moments where Pacquiao struck him with straight lefts flush on the broken cheekbone. That...must've stung...like HELL.

People look at that fight and think of Margarito getting beaten up and shut-out, and while it was, people overlook that Pacquiao took his fair share of punches. The only problem [for Margarito] was that every time Margarito clipped Pacquiao, Pacquiao responded with combinations of his own to woo the crowd. So, while Pacquiao DID shut him out and turned his face into a mess, Margarito, within his skill set, fought the best to his abilities and actually had his moments in that fight, which is MUCH, MUCH more than we can say for either Clottey or Mosley.

If Margarito's eye holds up, then we're going to see a great, great fight regardless what happens. If it doesn't, I could see all sorts of things happening.

The worst would be Margarito starting to back Cotto up and beat the crap out of him only to have Cotto bust that eye up abruptly and then have the doctor step in and say, "That eye's too messy...you're done, Antonio."

I will celebrate Cotto's victory, but it would suck majorly to have the fight end that way with Margarito coming strong and then, by luck, having Cotto pop Margarito's eye. Sort of like Marquez/Vasquez IV...yeah, Marquez won...but I can't honestly give Marquez full credit for that win (even though I was ecstatic he won).

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
        Margarito in 10.

Pacquiao didn't even drop Margarito with a broken face how's Cotto going to KO him early? Cotto is nowhere near the explosive fighter Manny is.
        Sup guys!!

I have just watched Margie vs Pac and Cotto vs Mayorga.

I got Margie winning. In this fight he may not have plaster but he will have more weight and power.

Comment

If it goes 12, cotto wins by shameful robbery.
          If he gases out marg will break him down again.
          hopefully cotto fights and not make this fight an MMA hug fest! which i have a feeling he will.

Comment

Hard to say who will actually win since they were both beaten to a pulp. Margo more recently. It'll come down to conditioning and mental state, and who can withstand the harder shots.

May the best man win.

Comment

Working...
            X