Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Price Plans To Continue, Lewis Promises To Fix Stamina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the second fight was more Stamina than Chin. He took better shots in the rematch than the first fight. He gassed way too quickly though. he was breathing hard after round one.

He had too much nervous energy and they should have fed him a couple weak opposition fights to get his confidence back. Even when he knocked Thompson down, he did not look confident. He looked like he did not want to be there.

Comment

Now I wouldn't fancy Price against that big Scottish Heavyweight Gary Cornish and he is ****e. Price has looked deadly against old shot fighters and low level opposition he might have stepped up too quick or just not be good enough for world level fighters, I think its the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Regeza View Post
        Love the part where Lewis said " and you can't get cut" hilarious.
        Lennox is a comedian

Comment

Originally posted by voneric View Post
          I talk a lot of smack about the UK Fighters but that's only because arguing with the UK fans has become more fun than arguing with the Filipinos and those sexual confused Puerto Ricans. With the Filipinos and Ricans, everyone is a Hater with a Z at the end, which I find to be an example of poor grammar. The UK fans may be delusional but their grammar is amazing. All Jokes aside, I think Price still has a future in Boxing and if the late great Emmanuel Steward were still alive, he would of been the perfect trainer. Maybe David Price should look into training under Jonathan Banks for a month or two just to see if he improves. Price looks like a nice guy and even though I found the KO funny I do feel bad for ol buddy and hopes he recovers and returns to the ring.
          The irony of praising grammar [implying the author is actually proficient] and saying 'would of'. You would have had a good point if you knew what good grammar was.

David Price should fire Malony. Tony Thompson was a terrible choice of opponent in the 1st place. A veteran with a high KO % who has only been beaten by WK in 13 years. That's not the kind of 'step up' he needed from Audley Harrison and Matt Skelton. That's an acrobatic leap up.

He needed to fight a few people who would take him a several rounds and make him learn his trade. It was very poor match making by his management team. In fairness to them, it's a fairly hard task to find people who won't collapse under the first few shots of a 6'8" athletic giant. Those that won't tend to be dangerous.

Comment

Price is a lovely nice fella, but I don't think LL can do anything for him

To build stamina you have to fight in the ring

The thing about Price when he fights Z level boxers he knocks them out in 1 or 2 rounds, thus that does nothing to help build his stamina

Soon as he gets in the ring with someone who can take a punch, he gets KO'd

I feel sorry for the guy, i just don't see him fixing his stamina, also he has a dodgy chin

Comment

I think Price has suffered from being hyped up too quickly(I am guilty of doing this too)

As many have said he pretty much skipped European level, and hasnt had many rounds(only 46 in 17 fights)
              Due to this his experience in the pro game is rather limited and his stamina has also not really been tested!

I think he can come back but its a case of starting again and getting some rounds in.

Comment

His chin was not the problem this time, he took some massive shots at the end of the 5th and wasn't knocked down, however his stamina was pathetic, he was so tired that he couldn't lift his arms to protect himself anymore.

I guess that's the problem when you keep fighting terrible opposition and beat them in 1 or 2 rounds, you never get the chance to regulate your energy and to feel comfortable with going 5 or more rounds.

Price should try to get some decent opposition, maybe some C level fighters, to go 7 or 8 rounds with them to improve his stamina. Then he should go and challenge a better boxer, but that should take him something between 2 or 3 years.

Comment

He should have put a few more wins under his belt before fighting the man who brutally crushed his dreams. When you're dealing with failure for the first time, you need to be eased back into things. Learn that you can still do things, and what not. You don't dive straight into the thing you fucked up on. When you've dealt with a failure of that proportion then by all means, but it is your first you will need time to enter with the right frame of mind.

That being said, most of it is down to him not being that good.

Comment

I just want to say I have a lot of respect with price. He loss like a man. And he took it like a man. I don't really think stamina was the real issue. I feel like he went in there afraid to lose. And fearing that loss put him at a immediate disadvantage. It's a mental game at this level. I got respect for this kid. Take a rest and get back in there. Major respect for big tony as well.

Comment

Price needs to forget about Boxing. Atleast at the top level.

The guy is 0-2, both by stoppage in the 2nd and 5th to a 40 year old, out of shape Tony Thompson.

Alarm bells and ringing loud and clear.

Comment

Working...
                      X