Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather misleading young fighters who look up to him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    If Floyd's eat fast food every now and then, so what??? Almost everyone does every now and then at some point. Just don't carried anyway with that s**t, and eat good food as well, and work out.

Fast Food, though not addicting really obviously, is like cigarettes. People know the danger of csmoking cigarettes, yet some choose to do it. People know the danger of going overboard with fast food, yet some still do it.

Who cares???
    i agree...and most things in moderation are not to bad...

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
      floyd is 5'8 and works out 2 times a day. I highly doubt eating fast food sometimes is gonna cause problems for him making 154. Hell im the same size as floyd and i walk around at 150 not even training. It's not like he needs to cut weight down to 140 or 147.

He has said multiple times in the past that he's a "fast food junkie" and yet for some reason u people still think its just for show. Fast food is delicious despite it being bad for you.
      Idk about this. I'm no health guru but I notice for whatever reason whenever I eat taco bell or on even rarer occasions, McDonalds, the food goes down hard...and it feels like it's just sitting there in my stomach after I eat it(grease maybe?). Couldn't finish the last meal I had there. I only drink on special occasions, otherwise it's water for me. Almost never eat fast food, I always feel like going to the gym immediately after I do to work it off. I can't believe there are people who eat Big Macs and Whoppers every single day like it ain't ****.
      Last edited by Hyper Knuckles; 04-22-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

What the hell are you on about? He basically works 24/7, training even when he's retired/vacation and he's somehow misleading cause he wants to eat KFC once in a while? It's called MODERATION. There isn't some magic recipe... are you that delusional? It's called genetics, insane work ethic and starting boxing at a very very young age. He has openly shown and stated he has a nutritionist, he's not pretending. If his message is anything its work your ass off and you're entitled to reward yourself.

Floyd trains like a maniac even during midnight, has always been in supreme shape has never looked drained or weak and has been very successful in both the amateur and pro game. OP watches 2 scenes of him eating fast food and everything else is irrelevant?. Floyd isn't Tony Robbins, he has always emphasized hard work and dedication and he absolutely embodies it. Not to mention countless fighters who have worked with him saying Floyd has taught them a lot and given them advice.

Anyone with a brain capacity of a 8 year old would not be misled into thinking that eating fast food every day gets you to where Floyd is at.
        Last edited by Phil Ivey; 04-23-2012, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Why don't you ask Cuban Boxer Y. Gamboa?

Comment

Haven't watched the latest episode of 24/7 yet, but I don't get how you come to the conclusion that he doesn't show enough sparring footage or does not want to come off like working hard.
            Most of his footage from 24/7 is usually from the gym or him running in the night talking about how everybody else is sleeping, and "hard work" is literally one of his mantras that he's been repeating for ages...

Comment

It's fair to eat some lesser food at times.

Comment

i think its just funny at this stage.. some people are dumb enough to fall for it and think that's all he eats.. but if he does an ad for kfc then i'll get pissed,

Comment

How is there 5pages of replies and only 3-4 of them that didnt take the ts out of context???

There is nothing wrong with junk food. you can eat junk food every opportunity you can and still be athletic. Chad ochocinco for example pretty much lives off mcdonalds but works hard which is fine.

What the ts is saying though is why is it part of the floyd show??? We all know floyd dont eat like that at all. Not often, not in moderation, not at all. He only does it as a facade because of 24/7. Just like we all know he doesnt really play telephone with stacks of money. In reality if floyd were to really cheat on his diet he has a personal chef to make much higher quality cheat food than anything on a fast food menu.

And lol at the people flaunting michael phelps' high calorie diet. He also has a nutritionist and conditioning coach.

Comment

practice makes perfect

health is wealth

all things in moderation

plan your work

work your plan

discipline.... discipline.....

Comment

Politicians do it.
                      Actors do it.
                      fast food companies do it.
                      Athletes do it (grant hill drinks sprite?).
                      Tobacco companies do it.
                      So what!

Comment

Working...
                      X