No announcement yet.

Malik Scott or Seth Mitchell?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malik Scott or Seth Mitchell?????

Which American Heavyweight will turn out to be better????

Scott

http://sosoboxing.com/boxing-video-w...rick-releford/

Mitchell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVAcfCcxCKU

Mitchell is bigger, stronger and punches harder IMO. He also is promoted by GBP (I think) and fights much more frequently. I think he's the bigger draw and so far, has been managed and matched up well.

Comment

Mayhem all the way. His learning curve is amazingly fast so far.

Comment

I think Scott is a better boxer and has more natural ability, but Mitchell will be in bigger fights first. Scott had some really bad luck with the biceps injury and management problems that kept him out of the ring for 3 years. Had that not happened, I think we would have heard much more of him by now.

Mitchell just doesn't impress me that much. Both need to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
          I think Scott is a better boxer and has more natural ability, but Mitchell will be in bigger fights first. Scott had some really bad luck with the biceps injury and management problems that kept him out of the ring for 3 years. Had that not happened, I think we would have heard much more of him by now.

Mitchell just doesn't impress me that much. Both need to step up.
          mitchell last win was pretty impressive.

Comment

Management can have so much to do in boxing that Mitchell has a serious advantage over Scott. Mitchell already has a date on HBO without even securing an opponent. Scott will have to fight on Goossen undercards and ESPN2 cards until he's in position to face Povetkin or a Klitschko.

I think either has a good chance at winning against a Povetkin, but despite the management disadvantage, I have Scott having a better career than Mitchell.

Mitchell is strong and looks pretty good, but I have more doubts of him than Scott. If Scott is mentally strong enough (in the ring) and continues to work on his strength, he has the opportunity to be a Riddick Bowe lite.

Comment

Malik's skillset is much better than Mayhem's but he lacks true heavyweight power

Comment

Bump............

Comment

Depends on how we define success...I'm sure to a lot of boxers, part of how they judge how well they're doing is making that money which some alluded to.

Mitchell getting another HBO date and prob can continue thatthey keep getting brawls or KO's. His career path to this point reminds me of Derrick Jefferson who was featured often on HBO until his run ended. Mitchell might have more potential than him even, but I doubt they are in a rush to make a run at any title at all...just make money and be on TV would be good for now.

Scott's got the skills I love to see in the heavyweights...the type of fluidity that almost makes u forget ure watching a heavy. But his path will prob be diff because he doesn't have that power...but he has the groundwerk to compete seriously for titles against other contenders in the future where mitchell might not.

But still...beating ibragimov like that still makes me think there could b more to mitchell than I'm seeing

Comment

I like Scott's skillset more and he looked very good against Releford considering the lay off. Mitchell will get a chance in a big fight first I think though because of GBP, but he'll be moved slowly. Gun to my head, I think Mitchell will turn out to be beter. Scott looked good, but idk how active he'll be.

Comment

Working...
                    X