No announcement yet.

Why all the crying over Jones??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why all the crying over Jones??

Everyone thought he would walk right through that bum, and what happened?? Roy got his ass handed to him, there are fighters who actually fought a tough guy in their last fight...

DLH vs PAc
    Cotto vs Pac
    Now those are worthy of simpathy

I dunno what all the whining is about.

Roy was alright, but I don't get all the crying about it. He's been done for a while now.

And all the clowning blew up in his face.

Comment

Danny Green is not a bum. He trained hard for the fight, had the better plan, and got his man outta there.

I think some people need to widen their horizons a bit. It is possible to have a good fighter from somewhere that has never been on HBO ect, that you have never heard of.

Danny Green is the man in Aus... And I bet he could whup your ass faster than he dropped Jones..

Comment

I don't like to see fights end in the first round unless it's a Prescott-Khan type KO.

I haven't seen the fight, but anyone can get caught cold in the first round, especially someone with RJ's chin.

I didn't want to see Hopkins-Jones II anyway because it was not going to be competitive for long, so at least this knocks that off.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
          Because he is a pro boxer you idiot, don't talk ****.
          Disregard my whole post accept for my last sentence, why don't you.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
            Disregard my whole post accept for my last sentence, why don't you.
            Just pop him in the jaw and Jones is out! As long as you get the first punch in you will survive against Jones

Comment

Because he was a great fighter and entertainer. He had nothing left to prove at 41. And he fought Calzaghe and got beaten up, why should he have to take another hard fight now that is old and well passed it? Everyone knows he was fighting Lacey and Green for entertainment and the paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar man View Post
                Because he was a great fighter and entertainer. He had nothing left to prove at 41. And he fought Calzaghe and got beaten up, why should he have to take another hard fight now that is old and well passed it? Everyone knows he was fighting Lacey and Green for entertainment and the paycheck.
                He was an arrogant, show boating, borring ass fighter witha glass chin to me!

Comment

Originally posted by ShermanKlump View Post
                  Everyone thought he would walk right through that bum, and what happened?? Roy got his ass handed to him, there are fighters who actually fought a tough guy in their last fight...

DLH vs PAc
                  Cotto vs Pac
                  Now those are worthy of simpathy
                  Roy could have retired after Tarver or Glen Johnson or Joe Calzaghe, all of those were tough fights that could have been his last. But he didn't.

An old legend getting KO'd to a great fighter or a bum is equally as sad, imo because they are obviously old and past prime.

Julio Cesar Chavez last fight he lost to Grover Wiley. In other words, not all greats go out against other greats. Jack Johnsons last pro fight was against Walter Price, who was 1-1 and he lost. Sad **** any way you look at it.

Comment

Working...
                  X