Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how did a short, slow fighter like Sam Peter manage to put Wlad down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
    twice in the 5th, and once in the tenth.........

so wlad got lucky, i admit.. 1 more knockdown in the 5th and wlad would of lose by the 3 knockdown rule..... or would he... idk

does anybody know if they still have that rule the 3 knockdown rule???
    Depends on the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
      Depends on the fight.
      what do you mean..... like its an optional rule, or its only for some fights.... do they decide if they want to implement in the contracts and such....

Comment

what do you mean..... like its an optional rule, or its only for some fights.... do they decide if they want to implement in the contracts and such....
        They decide it before hand I would think.

Comment

maybe we should ask to Jeremy Williams

Comment

It's been a while since I watched it, but I only counted one legit KD in that fight.

Comment

so wlad got lucky, i admit.. 1 more knockdown in the 5th and wlad would of lose by the 3 knockdown rule..... or would he... idk

Sometimes yes

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                It seems almost unthinkable nowadays, especially after Vitali used Peters face as a speedball, how did he do it!
                rabbit punches plus wlad was still psychologically fragile from the brewster fight or so it appeared at the time

Comment

rabbit punches count as knockdowns nowadays as haye showed against ruiz. jones should have been awarded a ko victory over hopkins as well.

Comment

I actually thought Wlad did the only right thing in 5th. In the first knockdown, Peter pushed Wlad down(there was no punch) in the clinch and Wlad went down preventing Peter from punching his over the back of the head. In the second knockdown, Peter managed to clubber Wlad behind the ear and Wlad went down, what looked like voluntarily, again to prevent more rabbit blows. The knockdown in 10th was legit, Wlad was walking straight back and peter caught him on the temple with a monster right hand, but while Wlad did go down, as he was off balance, he managed to get up with no problem.

Comment

Lol in my head i can hear Lederman saying "there is no 3 knockdown rule..."

I think it depends on the sanctioning body?

Anyways... peters got power man. Wlad got caught..
                      Last edited by hahaa; 04-07-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X