Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin interview from 2 weeks ago, quotable gold. Jacobs doesn't deserve fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Quillin interview from 2 weeks ago, quotable gold. Jacobs doesn't deserve fight

Just....just freaking gold

http://thaboxingvoice.com/peter-quil...ext-bout/29757

“I hear a lot of guys calling me out and I think ‘why does everybody want to fight me?’ and it’s because I’m the one with the star on his chest. I’m that guy right now and there is a reason all these things are happening for me, it’s like all my stars are aligning.”
    Sure did didn't they?

“I can’t worry about what other guys are making out there, I just worry about what’s on my table and what I’m able to eat. I’m willing to train and fight the best, I’ve been saying that from day one and I don’t know why I take so much backlash because I keep saying it. If the business is right, Pete gonna take the fight,” Quillin said.
    Guess the money wasn't right....again...somehow

“This is unheard of and Jay just came out there with more than what people thought. I just can’t tell you what kind of impression it’s made on me, it’s motivated me in a way that tells me it’s there now. This is the time I’ve been waiting for, I knew this time was coming but I didn’t know it was gonna come this way or the impact it would have.”
    Sounds like you were pumped

“I can beat anybody in the world and with the impact that Jay Z has brought to boxing has [shined a light] and I’m glad I’m the one the light is on right now. But I’m going to go out there and do what I’m going to do anyway and now that I got some money on the table means I can bring the best guys I can get for sparring and train world class.
    Again, sounds super happy Jay z is backing him with all that money

Ohhh.. and to the Danny Jacobs Mega Fight

“I don’t think [Danny Jacobs] has done enough yet to deserve a fight with me. He criticized my last fight, but I had the guy hurt and I showed a lot of different things like my jab and some defense, but what it boils down to is I got a dog in me and when things go out the window I’m able to pull the dog out of me and find a way to win. I’m going to be very interested in Curtis Stevens fight with Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam and depending on how Curtis looks I think he’d deserve a fight more [than Jacobs].”
    That was after he won his "title"....

And to the, hard to believe, supporters of this... how is Jacobs a bigger fight again? Neither have headlined a major showtime event or card in Barclays.... both undercard fighters at most and Jacobs was the opener of his own home venue.

Explain how Both will get paid more than the initial Quillin offer. Quillin lost leverage with his title and Jacobs has the upper hand here with his "title"

Think about this.... guys who have headlined Showtime before and are bigger draws than them:

Garcia vs Judah - -"Purses as per NYSAC commission: Garcia $1.25M, Judah $300k, Quillin $340k, Guerrero $100k, Danny Jacobs $30k, Keenan Collins $15k"-

Garcia also never got more than 1.4 in his other Showtime events, him being one of their biggest ratings snatcher.

Honestly... tell me honestly how Quillin will get paid more and how this event will get over 2 million for the main. I don't even think this fight would be the main event, Danny Garcia will probably headline it because it can't stand on it's own two feet!

I have no idea what direction Quillin is trying to take..i do not know what is going on..has to be something big to drop a belt and a 1.4 million pay day

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      I have no idea what direction Quillin is trying to take..i do not know what is going on..has to be something big to drop a belt and a 1.4 million pay day
      There really is nothing big and he dropped all his leverage/respect with that belt

Comment

He's got nothing.... and the big fight everybody is talking about... was shot down by Quillin already.

I wish a journalist will grill him about what he said if the fight is made

Comment

I really thought he was gonna babysit the title till Canelo moved up. Who the hell is Quillin supposed to fight if the money is never right?

Comment

That was only two weeks ago?

I thought it was longer ago than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              There really is nothing big and he dropped all his leverage/respect with that belt
              Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
              He's got nothing.... and the big fight everybody is talking about... was shot down by Quillin already.

I wish a journalist will grill him about what he said if the fight is made
              Hey i am just hoping he is not that damn stupid to pass up a career high pay day and then drop his belt...and for what??? this step looks pure dumb..but what is next?? it has to be something to this right?

Comment

Hey i am just hoping he is not that damn stupid to pass up a career high pay day and then drop his belt...and for what??? this step looks pure dumb..but what is next?? it has to be something to this right?
                Big fight wise... I'm running blank. canelo is crossing over, Cotto has bigger fish.... I really don't know. He doesn't even think Jacobs is that big of a fight

Comment

Can't get my head around this still.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    That was only two weeks ago?

I thought it was longer ago than that.
                    LOL, this is right after Jay Z won the purse bid.... and after Jacobs won the "title"

If Jacobs didn't deserve it then... what would have changed in that time period?!?!

Comment

Working...
                    X