Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson: "I Settle For Nothing Less Than A KnockOut Of Bernard Hopkins!" (AUDIO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Dawson: "I Settle For Nothing Less Than A KnockOut Of Bernard Hopkins!" (AUDIO)

Chad Dawson describes his reaction to the outcome of the first fight and his approach to the rematch against boxing legend Bernard Hopkins.

i got a feeling this isnt chads way of selling the fight after what happened the first time, i think he really believes every word he says. should be interesting.

im a fan of both fighters and for the first fight i was very worried bernard was gonna get knocked out bad, after his great career it would be sad to see him go out like that. in fact i had a dream before their fight where he got knocked through the ropes and counted out in the exact same spot he ended up in the acctual fight.

this time around i think dawson will take him out. since his body declined bernard has been beating guys with mind games, boxing IQ and fundamental boxing skills. but chad has been boxing his whole life, he has a very high boxing IQ for a young fighter, is one of the best technical fighters in the sport and hes not gonna fall for any mind games. on top of that hes got the size, speed, youth and everything else.

if hopkins is able to pull another rabbit out of the hat and beat this guy hes the best fighter of his generation imo, even better than marquez. but i dont see it happening. chad is gonna be an atg in his own right and this is when hestarts putting the work in, he is probably a bigger challenge than anything hopkins came across even in his prime.

Comment

True, true. Dawson is going to stop Hopkins, easy work!

Comment

Can he win yes can he win by KO hell no

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          i got a feeling this isnt chads way of selling the fight after what happened the first time, i think he really believes every word he says. should be interesting.

im a fan of both fighters and for the first fight i was very worried bernard was gonna get knocked out bad, after his great career it would be sad to see him go out like that. in fact i had a dream before their fight where he got knocked through the ropes and counted out in the exact same spot he ended up in the acctual fight.

this time around i think dawson will take him out. since his body declined bernard has been beating guys with mind games, boxing IQ and fundamental boxing skills. but chad has been boxing his whole life, he has a very high boxing IQ for a young fighter, is one of the best technical fighters in the sport and hes not gonna fall for any mind games. on top of that hes got the size, speed, youth and everything else.

if hopkins is able to pull another rabbit out of the hat and beat this guy hes the best fighter of his generation imo, even better than marquez. but i dont see it happening. chad is gonna be an atg in his own right and this is when hestarts putting the work in, he is probably a bigger challenge than anything hopkins came across even in his prime.
          Your so right...This is the fight of Bernard's life...when Chad was at his A-Game, he was like Floyd and Pac put together...its like he throws millions of comboes, coming forward, while using slick defensive moves to get out of the way in the nick of time...he's gonna DESTROY Bernard, and if Bernard wins, I will be shocked and become a fan of his and Im a guy who really dislike him

Comment

Always thought he'd win but by ko....doubt that however trying would be welcomed

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

Hopkins'"great career" really only began after he moved up in weight to his proper division. I still remember how he wept "crocodile tears" over his mother to whom he made a staunch promise to retire by agr 41. This seems a strange age at which to promise to retire, when in the middle of a lengthy career. It was likely that it was a lie and he never did make such a promise.

I would like to see Dawson win, but I wouldn't like to see Hopkins KO'd. Too drastic for a man of his age who really should be comfortably retired by now. He should be devoting his time to his one share in Golden Balls Promotions with his old pal Oscar, in which company, apart from wearing a suit and tie, and looking like a dressed up gorrilla with glasses, he does exactly........what??
              Last edited by edgarg; 03-04-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Do you really think hopkins has share at Golden Boy?

I can guarantee you Hopkins will be dead broke in 5 yeas. He is boxing because he is too dumb to do anything else.

Hope Dawson knocks hiss ass out

Comment

Originally posted by Boxxing View Post
                  Do you really think hopkins has share at Golden Boy?

I can guarantee you Hopkins will be dead broke in 5 yeas. He is boxing because he is too dumb to do anything else.

Hope Dawson knocks hiss ass out
                  It was apublicity stunt by Oscar. He gathered Barrera, whom he dubbed Vice-President of Mexican promotions or some such title, Mosley, who was called Vice-President of West Coast etc. Hopkins who was the East Coast Vice-President. These phony "nominal" deals are quite common in other fields and mean nothing. They usually get one share of minimum nominal value, to make it legal. I suppose in return for weigh-in appearances they get free seats.

Barrera, who was a law student, got wise and quit a few years ago. Mosley commented before he fought MannyP that one day he found a cheque for $1000 in the mail, and found that his single share had been "repatriated".....he didn't know how (I could tell him how). And then there is still Hopkins, who as an uneducated former gaol inmate feels quite good about being a "Vice-President"........

No I think Hopkins is not a showy guy and lives a quiet life. Has probably saved and invested his money and is very wealthy now.

Comment

I hope he makes him quit.

Comment

Working...
                    X