Time to give Corrie Sanders his props for the Wlad win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to give Corrie Sanders his props for the Wlad win

I'm so fed up with the excuses.

Since the usual excuses people give for the Brewster and Puritty losses cannot apply to the Sanders loss, a lot of you emphatically say ''oh, it happened a long time ago, oh, Wlad has gotten better, oh, he would now beat the same Sanders''.

So what if Wlad is better now ? Joe Louis got better after losing to Schmelling, but that doesn't mean Schmelling doesn't deserve credit for beating Louis. The ''it was a long time ago'' is a ****ed up denial logic. I've never seen any Klitschko fan give his due credit to Sanders for the win.

And there is still no indication that Wlad would do better now against the same Sanders than he did back then. Being more careful and defense minded, it would be harder for Sanders to counter him, but still, Sanders posed many more problems, and it's hard to judge whether Wlad would now be able to deal with them or not.

Maybe Wlad has trouble with good southpaws ? No. He shut out Chris Byrd to win the title he lost to Sanders, although he didn't engage Ibragimov. Why ? Because just like Sanders, Sultan was looking to counter. But he didn't have the reach, the height, and he couldn't nullify Wlad's jab like Sanders did. Wlad basically won the Ibragimov fight using his jab.

People don't seem to realize Sanders had Wlad's number from the get go. He nullified all that Wlad usually did with great success. Sanders nullified Wlad's jab, one of the best in history. That alone should not be overlooked. By nullifying the jab, he forced Wlad to commit himself more with power punches and shorter distance. That is also why Wlad tried some lead left hooks in the first round.

Wlad was trying to get to Sanders, but he couldn't. Sanders shut down Wlad's offense with his movement, his tall southpaw stance and his counterpunching. You should also notice how Wlad never found a solution for Sanders straight left hand down the middle. Once Sanders landed his first flush counter straight left, the fight was virtually over.

Truth is, Sanders trashed Wladimir K. Not a green Wlad like some of you like to pretend because it fits your denial agenda. NO. He trashed Wladimir the WBO belt holder who was making his 6th defense of the title, who was on a sixteen fights winning streak since a TKO gas loss to Puritty, who had already beaten the likes of Mercer, McCline, Botha, Byrd, Barrett, Schulz.

So it is time for you to give Sanders his props for a great win against a great fighter. That credit is long overdue. Nobody has ever beaten Wlad like Sanders did.

well said man

why do you think he only dispenses with the jab all the time he is still in the darkest crevice of his mind conscious of punching himself out and getting knocked because of it (we know about his glass jaw already)

i must say wlad has become a more complete fighter since working with Manny Steward but still you shouldn't have to scream at your fighter to be more exciting and go for knockouts when you clearly have a dead man infront of you like wlad does most times that shows me that mentally he never recovered from those losses

he has managed to bounce back extremely well though to give credit where it's due

Comment

The time to give Corrie Sanders his props for the Wlad win was 7 1/2 years ago. And everybody did.

Comment

The poster is right Sanders was all wrong for Wlad and I think he would have been all wrong for him regardless of when they fought.

I ran into Manny Steward 4-5 years ago and I asked Steward if he kept Wlad away from Cory and he said very politically that a guy like Sanders is always going to cause a guy like Wladimir problems. I said to Steward-he'd knock Wlad out again wouldnt he...and Manny said the same thing-he would cause some problems.

Even an out of shape Sanders managed to crack VK a few times (VK was not as hurt as some like to think-stunned but not hurt)...if he cracked Wlad with those same shots I think we all know what would have happened...

There was a reason big bro took care of Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by LeTombeur View Post
          I'm so fed up with the excuses.

Since the usual excuses people give for the Brewster and Puritty losses cannot apply to the Sanders loss, a lot of you emphatically say ''oh, it happened a long time ago, oh, Wlad has gotten better, oh, he would now beat the same Sanders''.

So what if Wlad is better now ? Joe Louis got better after losing to Schmelling, but that doesn't mean Schmelling doesn't deserve credit for beating Louis. The ''it was a long time ago'' is a ****ed up denial logic. I've never seen any Klitschko fan give his due credit to Sanders for the win.

And there is still no indication that Wlad would do better now against the same Sanders than he did back then. Being more careful and defense minded, it would be harder for Sanders to counter him, but still, Sanders posed many more problems, and it's hard to judge whether Wlad would now be able to deal with them or not.

Maybe Wlad has trouble with good southpaws ? No. He shut out Chris Byrd to win the title he lost to Sanders, although he didn't engage Ibragimov. Why ? Because just like Sanders, Sultan was looking to counter. But he didn't have the reach, the height, and he couldn't nullify Wlad's jab like Sanders did. Wlad basically won the Ibragimov fight using his jab.

People don't seem to realize Sanders had Wlad's number from the get go. He nullified all that Wlad usually did with great success. Sanders nullified Wlad's jab, one of the best in history. That alone should not be overlooked. By nullifying the jab, he forced Wlad to commit himself more with power punches and shorter distance. That is also why Wlad tried some lead left hooks in the first round.

Wlad was trying to get to Sanders, but he couldn't. Sanders shut down Wlad's offense with his movement, his tall southpaw stance and his counterpunching. You should also notice how Wlad never found a solution for Sanders straight left hand down the middle. Once Sanders landed his first flush counter straight left, the fight was virtually over.

Truth is, Sanders trashed Wladimir K. Not a green Wlad like some of you like to pretend because it fits your denial agenda. NO. He trashed Wladimir the WBO belt holder who was making his 6th defense of the title, who was on a sixteen fights winning streak since a TKO gas loss to Puritty, who had already beaten the likes of Mercer, McCline, Botha, Byrd, Barrett, Schulz.

So it is time for you to give Sanders his props for a great win against a great fighter. That credit is long overdue. Nobody has ever beaten Wlad like Sanders did.
          Sanders was a good boxer and very fast.Vladmir only beat Sanders because Sanders was old by then and his stamina was gone.Wladmir and his brother are not good fighters,they just happen to be there at a time when there are no good fighters.These two wouldnt have survived the 90s when Sanders was fighting,Lewis,Tyson,Holyfield,Bowe and all those fighters.Watch any of the great fighters fighting,they have fluidity which shows expertise in their craft,not Vlad and his brother.Nowadays these guys are just fat chunks of cheese

Comment

well...

he does deserve it

Comment

He gets plenty of credit for that win, he won by early tko.....no argument there.

Wlad is better now and that is a fact, whether the current version of him would beat Sanders is all speculation but fighting in a more cautious manner would increase his chances.

Comment

I think it's time to give Golovkin credit for KTFO of Bute with headgear on.

Comment

And some credit for Andrade for KTFO of glass chinned Bute:

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
                    The time to give Corrie Sanders his props for the Wlad win was 7 1/2 years ago. And everybody did.
                    Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    He gets plenty of credit for that win, he won by early tko.....no argument there.

Wlad is better now and that is a fact, whether the current version of him would beat Sanders is all speculation but fighting in a more cautious manner would increase his chances.
                    really ? he doesn't get much credit nowadays on these boards, that's for sure

Comment

Working...
                    X