Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travis Kauffman: I Will Be Heavyweight Champion Of The World!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Kauffman: I Will Be Heavyweight Champion Of The World!

KAUFFMAN: I WILL BE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!
    By Matt Goldstein

Slick and Skilled 2 Time National Amateur Champ Readies for First TV Main Event

Undefeated heavyweight prospect is readying for the biggest fight of his life on Friday night. Showtime's Shobox main event this Friday will be Kauffman's first ever TV main event, his first ever 10 round fight and maybe the first fight against a legitimate opponent in which the outcome has not been previously determined. Kauffman, 18-0 with 15 knockouts takes on heavyweight Tony Grano, who comes in at 15-1 with 12 knockouts. Grano is considered a slugger who can punch with anyone. While Kauffman has serious pop, the up and coming Reading PA native is most noted for his excellent hand speed and skilled boxing ability. Kauffman spoke on his first TV main event appearance, "It's a blessing to have this opportunity, and when I am victorious, its gonna open up big doors for me." Kauffman also discusses his training, his future and gives us a breakdown Grano as his next opponent.

Born and raised in Connecticut with a dangerous slugging style, Tony Grano is by far the most dangerous fighter Travis has yet to face in the pro ranks. After watching multiple tapes on Grano, Kauffman had this to say, "He's a tough, basic fighter who is very strong and comes to fight. He is somewhat flat footed but he does not go in there to lose. I'm his biggest step up and he's my biggest step up."

With this being his first time in a 10 round fight and his first time against a serious opponent, Travis commented on he preparedness, "Everything is mental. This game is 85% mental. It's relaxation, and mind over matter. It's all about relaxing. I've been running 5 mile hills every other day. I've been at the same weight for the last 2-3 weeks and I've sparred 50-60 rounds." Those rounds were serious too, many of which came against cruiserweight contender Matt Godfrey. Travis continued, "Godrey is a real good fighter but I was able to make him miss. If I can make Godfrey miss, I'm gonna make Grano miss." Kauffman's speed doesn't just show through his hands, the young and very skilled boxer has some of the best defensive techniques in the game. Excellent head movement, foot speed and elusiveness are a major reason why Kauffman is viewed as one of the best heavyweight prospects in the world.

If there's anything that the heavyweight division lacks, it's gotta be skills. At plus 200 lbs, the fight game is full of out of shape sluggers with awkward, sloppy styles. Kauffman has an opportunity to bring something new and different to the heavyweight division, an all around skilled boxer who can punch. If Travis makes it to the top of the ranks he will cause havoc for many top heavyweights and will certainly challenge for world titles. "Everybody's dream is to fight on HBO, Showtime and PPV. To fight in bigger fights, title fights, real championship fights, but I don't need to rush. I will take my time and first things first, Tony Grano on Friday night."

With all the talk of Kevin Johnson, Chris Arreola, and Eddie Chambers being the top 3 American hopefuls, I feel that Kaufmann skill wise could beat all 3 of them....TK has raw talent, is dedicated and has a damn good right hand...He will be a champ within 1-2 years--PERIOD

Comment

Kaufman is terrible.

I watch him once,and he got knocked down by bum.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGPIN4LIFE View Post
        With all the talk of Kevin Johnson, Chris Arreola, and Eddie Chambers being the top 3 American hopefuls, I feel that Kaufmann skill wise could beat all 3 of them....TK has raw talent, is dedicated and has a damn good right hand...He will be a champ within 1-2 years--PERIOD
        Travis has sparred with Arreola and Chambers and held his own so I know he's atleast at that level at 24 years old. Travis is really coming into his own, he showed a lot of maturity in his fight with Livin Castillo in May. Since then he's been blowing out some overmatched guys but this is the fight he needs to break into the public eye. A good, solid opponent that will make Travis fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NELSON MANDELA View Post
          Kaufman is terrible.

I watch him once,and he got knocked down by bum.
          If you really watched the fight, like really watched it, you would recall the replays in which they showed Kauffman landing a punch of his own and slipping to the canvas.

Comment

Working...
          X