No announcement yet.

Richard Steele's Call on Chavez-Taylor I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    I have no doubts that Steele knew there were mere seconds left. He gets paid to know those things. And two, Chavez was standing in the middle of the ring. He would have to go to a neutral corner before the action could resume. And Steele knew that too. That would leave Chavez with no time. Not even 10 seconds was enough time to finish Taylor off. No way. It's not like Taylor got up at nine with no legs, one punch from a KO. He got up and he was standing steady and straight. Steele robbed Taylor that night and I won't say anything else about it for a while after this.
    Don't go away just yet because you make a lot of sense and what you're saying is very true and even more convincing, so lets get to the nitty gritty.....

Do you think that Steele is a bent ref?

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      Don't go away just yet because you make a lot of sense and what you're saying is very true and even more convincing, so lets get to the nitty gritty.....

Do you think that Steele is a bent ref?

lol Well in that case...yes I do believe Steele had ulterior motives.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        lol Well in that case...yes I do believe Steele had ulterior motives.
        Well, you've got me thinking, because Chavez was very much a 'King' fighter and i'm under no illusions as to what he's capable of..

I wonder if Steele was paid off.??. (no, i'm not joking lol)

I know there's no proof, but it makes you wonder...
        It's just a shame that Taylor gassed when he did, or Steele wouldn't have had the opportunity, and we'd probably now be referring to him as one of the all time greats..

Havn't viewed the fight in a while, but remember the last time i did i played it over and over, and came to the conclusion that Taylor was only a snap shot away from being knocked sparko.. It's so controversial that nothing's clear-cut but i take fully on board your views and have to say you may well be right... Only for the fact that King was about though..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          Well, you've got me thinking, because Chavez was very much a 'King' fighter and i'm under no illusions as to what he's capable of..

I wonder if Steele was paid off.??. (no, i'm not joking lol)

I know there's no proof, but it makes you wonder...
          It's just a shame that Taylor gassed when he did, or Steele wouldn't have had the opportunity, and we'd probably now be referring to him as one of the all time greats..

Havn't viewed the fight in a while, but remember the last time i did i played it over and over, and came to the conclusion that Taylor was only a snap shot away from being knocked sparko.. It's so controversial that nothing's clear-cut but i take fully on board your views and have to say you may well be right... Only for the fact that King was about though..
          Ever wonder why Steele stopped Tyson-Ruddock I so fast? It gave Tyson an instant win over someone who was able to hurt him, and it created the demand for an immediate PPV rematch that probably wouldn't have existed if the fight had been allowed to reach its natural conclusion. And of course we remember who Tyson's promoter was.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Ever wonder why Steele stopped Tyson-Ruddock I so fast? It gave Tyson an instant win over someone who was able to hurt him, and it created the demand for an immediate PPV rematch that probably wouldn't have existed if the fight had been allowed to reach its natural conclusion. And of course we remember who Tyson's promoter was.

That was another awful and strange stoppage by Steele. What you said sums it up perfectly. And that rematch was made very fast without hesitation. When the same people are involved in situations like this it's more than a coincidence.

Comment

LOL if steele would of called Tyson/Douglas he would of counted Douglas out...he would of saw Buster hitting the mat with his fist when he was down and chalked it up to Douglas being knocked so silly he thought the canvas was Tyson.

I think this is one of the crappiest stoppages in the history, Taylor was well on his way to winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                I see you're living up to the sentiment at the top of you're avatar, and not for good reason. King really does have a greater influence than God when it comes to the outcome of fighters lives.

Comment

The time on the clock is irrelevant. Also this idea that Taylor was shutting him out is a complete farce. Chavez could have easily pulled a draw

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    The time on the clock is irrelevant. Also this idea that Taylor was shutting him out is a complete farce. Chavez could have easily pulled a draw
                    Wrong. Chavez was five points behind on one scorecard and seven points behind on another. So he wasn't going to get a draw.

Comment

I dont believe anyone would say that was a good stoppage

If Chavez had bone crushing power...then maybe, but Chavez KOed people with accumulating punches.

Steele was either influenced by the promoter or simply incompetent that night.

If all Chavez defenders are going "by the book" then Steele should have enforced that Chavez was in a neutral corner and by the time Chavez reached Taylor traveling across the ring the time would have run out.
                      Last edited by MexiKneecanQuit; 02-19-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X