Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lennox Lewis an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, of course he is. He has wins over Tyson, Holyfield, and Vitali, and he was champion for many years. He only has two losses and he beat both of the guys that beat him in the return match.

Comment

I'd say Lewis is the greatest heavyweight since Ali.

Comment

it just goes to show what I have been saying for years -- the heavyweight division is lost. A few years ago this poll would have been a dead even split...this is a case of fans finally appreciating what they had as champion once it was too late. Like what happened with Larry Holmes.

It's good to finally see my childhood hero getting some love.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Yo View Post
          Lennox Lewis knew when it was time to hang them up, I wish Roy done the same after the first Tarver fight.
          Different situations and Lewis was closer to his prime. Also if that's the case people should just admit Vitali would have won the rematch.

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
          it just goes to show what I have been saying for years -- the heavyweight division is lost. A few years ago this poll would have been a dead even split...this is a case of fans finally appreciating what they had as champion once it was too late. Like what happened with Larry Holmes.

It's good to finally see my childhood hero getting some love.
          Lewis deserves credit, Vitali and Wladimir deserve credit too I assume they'll get more of it later.

Comment

Is this a serious question? Of course he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
              Different situations and Lewis was closer to his prime. Also if that's the case people should just admit Vitali would have won the rematch.

Lewis deserves credit, Vitali and Wladimir deserve credit too I assume they'll get more of it later.
              Both Klitschkos will get a lot more credit when they retire, Wlad especially. We will all miss them when they retire and the heavyweight division sinks even lower.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Both Klitschkos will get a lot more credit when they retire, Wlad especially. We will all miss them when they retire and the heavyweight division sinks even lower.

in 50 years people will look back and say "two brothers ruled the division for an entire era."

that's f#cking remarkable. that's what they'll be remembered for most, and rightfully so. it's their brotherhood.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Originally posted by New England View Post
                  in 50 years people will look back and say "two brothers ruled the division for an entire era."

that's f#cking remarkable. that's what they'll be remembered for most, and rightfully so. it's their brotherhood.
                  Good posts.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Yo View Post
                    Lennox Lewis knew when it was time to hang them up, I wish Roy done the same after the first Tarver fight.
                    Same, I've even talked to him about it. but nope, he looked at me like I forgot.

Comment

GOAT, IMO.

The question is ridiculous. Anyone who voted 'No' clearly knows nothing about boxing.

Vitali and Wlad will definitely be top 15/10 ATGs, too. The fact the HW scene sucks at the moment isn't their fault.
                      Last edited by yoz; 11-12-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X