Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's style is a nightmare for ANYONE. He is the next P4P #1.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward's style is a nightmare for ANYONE. He is the next P4P #1.

His ability to fight any style with ease, keep himself composed, the ability to fight on the outside as well as the inside deems himself as the nacho cheese style; he's able to smother his opponent on the inside, cause them to get frustrated, is a switch hitter from orthodox to southpaw.

What else more do you want? One thing I realize everyone says he's a boring fighter, but is it his fault he's able to completely neutralize a fighter's offense with his quick reflexes and slippery eel style, or so as Froch himself put it.

I may be slightly biased (born and raised in the Bay Area myself) when I'm saying Ward is the next best thing, but his accolades should be enough to convince anyone new to the sport that Ward is the best complete all around fighter in the sport today, period!

If he beats Bute next, he's #1 P4P imo.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
      His ability to fight any style with ease, keep himself composed, the ability to fight on the outside as well as the inside deems himself as the nacho cheese style; he's able to smother his opponent on the inside, cause them to get frustrated, is a switch hitter from orthodox to southpaw.

What else more do you want? One thing I realize everyone says he's a boring fighter, but is it his fault he's able to completely neutralize a fighter's offense with his quick reflexes and slippery eel style, or so as Froch himself put it.

I may be slightly biased (born and raised in the Bay Area myself) when I'm saying Ward is the next best thing, but his accolades should be enough to convince anyone new to the sport that Ward is the best complete all around fighter in the sport today, period!

Comment

Give me a real detailed comment about you disagreeing with me, instead of a picture. He has dominated everyone in the tournament without a doubt. Every fight he was in was a lopsided performance for him and has never been in a situation where he was losing.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Comment

Don't get me wrong... dude looked good in his fight with Froch.... but I agree with everyone who's saying he tried to turn it into a wrestling match.

Comment

Give me a real detailed comment about you disagreeing with me, instead of a picture. He has dominated everyone in the tournament without a doubt. Every fight he was in was a lopsided performance for him and has never been in a situation where he was losing.

Tell me I'm wrong.
            Beat Bute and move up weight and I will think about it.

Comment

Im a Cali boy myself... Im with you man...

His reflexes/reaction time is on the level of mayweathers... but he busts people up in the clinch more...

i dont see him losing for a long time. I called him since his first fight in the tournament... very crisp effective boxer..

his numbers were ****ing ridiculous tonight! sound defense, accurate punching, good ring iq... i dont see any holes

he will destroy bute.

Comment

Is the bolded part a joke? I could be described as a Mayweather hater but it is easy to see that he is far and away the most complete and talented fighter around. The plus/minus ratings show some of the story but stats alone don't capture the full story and show that Mayweather is a much harder p4p puncher than Ward. Mayweather's plus minus ratio (connect % - opponent connect %) is 30 which is more than double Ward's which is 14 (second highest after Floyd).

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                  If he beats Bute next, he's #1 P4P imo.
                  Bute hasn't done ****, and Froch lost to a past prime Kessler.

Don't get me wrong, Ward is really good, but he doesn't deserve to be #1 P4P if he beats Bute. I wouldn't mind ranking him above Sergio though, but below Floyd, Manny and Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by madrappa View Post
                    Im a Cali boy myself... Im with you man...

His reflexes/reaction time is on the level of mayweathers... but he busts people up in the clinch more...

i dont see him losing for a long time. I called him since his first fight in the tournament... very crisp effective boxer..

his numbers were ****ing ridiculous tonight! sound defense, accurate punching, good ring iq... i dont see any holes

he will destroy bute.
                    Ward doesn't destroy anyone. Ward is one of the most skilled fighters in the game but he never does anything that makes me amazed like some of the legendary fighters; he is just effective but quite boring and unfortunately that means he'll never be a star. He has an astonishingly low level of power for a top calibre fighter to be honest. I don't want to hear that power is god given and that you can't teach it because that's absolute B.S. Power mainly depends on two things, only one of which is based on natural talent and ward has that talent. Them things are:

1) The speed at which a punch is thrown - Ward is fast so he should be OK here
                    2) The weight behind the punch - Ward doesn't turn into punches properly and consequently has no power

Comment

Working...
                    X