No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Muhammad Ali - Boxing's Greatest is Gone, 1942-2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeneroEdits View Post
    My personal farewell video to the greatest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhr-F1zLCms
    Nice. Starting getting a teary eyed watching that.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
      For the most part, it's a shithole. Murder is a daily occurrence. So I guess overall, crime rate.

It has it's nice areas, too. But the majority of Louisville is pretty run down and ghetto.
      Just goes to show that the overall impressions that you receive for a place from abroad often doesn't match up to the reality. The overall feel that we've been fed over the years is one of a slightly quaint, slow paced almost old timey values area.

Just had a scan of the crime stats. On the crime index it's rated as safer than only 6% of the cities in the United States!

Comment

• Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
        Just goes to show that the overall impressions that you receive for a place from abroad often doesn't match up to the reality. The overall feel that we've been fed over the years is one of a slightly quaint, slow paced almost old timey values area.

Just had a scan of the crime stats. On the crime index it's rated as safer than only 6% of the cities in the United States!
        Yeah, I don't think that people realize how bad it is in Louisville. When you think "Kentucky" you don't think gang crime, murder, drugs, etc.

I mean it's not Chicago, Detroit, Memphis. But you don't want to be caught up in the wrong neighborhood there, either.

Comment

• Been watching ESPN's coverage all morning. Great stuff. Very powerful to see all the fans that were running along side the Hurst. It was beautiful. So many showed up for Ali.

Comment

• Comment

• the memorial is choking me up :'(

Comment

• the man. the myth. the legend.
                the greatest of all time
                Originally posted by GeneroEdits View Post
                My personal farewell video to the greatest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhr-F1zLCms
                great stuff.

Comment

• That was a great memorial! RIP legend

Comment

• Saw some of the speeches at his funeral. That Rabbi's speech was some powerful stuff. It's like the kind of speech a young Ali himself would've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      For the most part, it's a shithole. Murder is a daily occurrence. So I guess overall, crime rate.

It has it's nice areas, too. But the majority of Louisville is pretty run down and ghetto.
                      You just described every big city in the us.

Comment

Working...
                      X