No announcement yet.

Mexican fans opinions on Canelo vs GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
    His walk around weight is 190+. Explain to me how that is healthy for a fighter and how long do you really think he'll be able to make 155.
    Where did you pull this number from?

Comment

Originally posted by -Mar.GOD.rito- View Post
      Let me have your number, papi. We can be Cotto & his fat friend of Boxingscene.
      Use lube though

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
        His walk around weight is 190+. Explain to me how that is healthy for a fighter and how long do you really think he'll be able to make 155.
        1) I don't think it's healthy.
        2) I don't know or care how long he'll do it.

You're mistaking me for a fanboy/apologist. I don't do that. I care about the facts. Right now, he's making 154.5 and there is no logical reason he can't lose a mere 1/2lb additional. Golovkin fans are selling the "can't make 154" idea HARD because it creates an argument in their GG/canelo war. That's bias and I don't play that.

Personally, I think extreme weight cuts are foolish in the long-term and guys that do it eventually have a bad cut resulting in a horrible fight/loss of championship (happens a lot in MMA). So, you won't get an argument from me about it being a good idea. Canelo is playing a dangerous game.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
          I got plenty of mexcan friends and they are all disappointed in canelo and who can blame them canelo is disgracing the boxing legacy of mexico and the middleweight title.
          Yeah. The "A-Side" bull shiet is only on these forums. Used by some stupid fanboys that hate ggg.
          Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

You're mistaking me for a fanboy/apologist. I don't do that. I care about the facts. Right now, he's making 154.5 and there is no logical reason he can't lose a mere 1/2lb additional. Golovkin fans are selling the "can't make 154" idea HARD because it creates an argument in their GG/canelo war. That's bias and I don't play that.

Personally, I think extreme weight cuts are foolish in the long-term and guys that do it eventually have a bad cut resulting in a horrible fight/loss of championship (happens a lot in MMA). So, you won't get an argument from me about it being a good idea. Canelo is playing a dangerous game.
          Yes you play bias. He CAN make 154, but not without losing a few muscle pounds. He would be 172 at fight night like he used to be when he weigheid in at 154. Now he is 175 at least. Understand that? Alvarez don't want any of that muscle loss.

YOU ARE BIASED AS ****. What's your position on the whole Canelo-GGG situation?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            Yeah. The "A-Side" bull shiet is only on these forums. Used by some stupid fanboys that hate ggg.

Yes you play bias. He CAN make 154, but not without losing a few muscle pounds. He would be 172 at fight night like he used to be when he weigheid in at 154. Now he is 175 at least. Understand that? Alvarez don't want any of that muscle loss.

YOU ARE BIASED AS ****. What's your position on the whole Canelo-GGG situation?
            You'll cry when you find out. Go read your other thread and see. I know you're desperate to get one up on me but you don't have the capacity and truthfully it's boring me. Let's just be friends.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              Yes, I'm from Mexico City...
              You aren't a real Mexican and that's why you're so bitter

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

I agree with your post and i am a fan of Golovkin. I don't think there's anything wrong with that but my argument has to do with Golovkin because Canelo is blatently sitting at 155 because he either 1) doesn't want to move up to his natural weight of 160 in fear of being pressured to fight Golovkin or 2) is trying to use the "155 weight class" as an advantage against Golovkin should he accept the catchweight. Either way he's a fraud.

Comment

Working...
                X